Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L4.47 Software Experiences/Bugs Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

L4.47 for the ViP622/ViP722 began spooling to some customers last night. Please use this thread to discuss your experiences and any bugs found.

This release is only spooling to customers that were on L4.46. Release notes can be found here
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

I got 4.47 last night. The audio problem that existed on certain OTA sub channels seems to be fixed, but now my Nashville NBC affiliate doesn't come in AT ALL. Previously I had a signal strength in the low-to-mid 80's. The signal strength on all the others seems unchanged. Here we go again...

#3 OFFLINE   rustamust

rustamust

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:15 PM

4.47 last night and all seems to be well with Fox the only OTA I had problems with. Did not have any recorded Fox to see if audio was restored or not. PBS here in Colo. Springs is so sporadic (on air/off air/no audio) that I could not tell if OTA was out or not.

#4 OFFLINE   mhowie

mhowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

I got 4.47 last night. The audio problem that existed on certain OTA sub channels seems to be fixed, but now my Nashville NBC affiliate doesn't come in AT ALL. Previously I had a signal strength in the low-to-mid 80's. The signal strength on all the others seems unchanged. Here we go again...

Did you try deleting and adding this channel manually? I had to do this for a couple of channels post-4.47 update which were being reported as having great signal strength but were not showing anything.

#5 OFFLINE   Scotty

Scotty

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

I also received L 4.47 last night for my 722. It fixed OTA audio loss on 31-1, a CW station out of Sacramento.

I still experience 2-5 second occasional video blackouts on live OTA and Sat. channels as well as on the play back of recordings.

Scotty

#6 OFFLINE   Marriner

Marriner

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

Got 4.47 last night. EXT timers are working normally now that i have restored the power connection to the docking station. :grin: Must have pulled loose somehow. All is well with EXT recording.
ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Western Digital 1 Tb USB hard drive, Sharp LC-52D64U HD TV, Sony V-333ES, Bose AM-10. ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Sling Adapter, Maxtor OneTouch 3 750 Gb hard drive,Vizio E422VA, Sharp 1-bit SD-HX500 surround.

#7 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

My Atlanta NBC channel has all but disappeared. When I check it the signal strength is OK but there are a ton of errors. My other channels are fine. I'm going to try to adjust the antenna to see if that works. Hopefully, it's not related to 4.46/4.47 since that's when it started.

#8 OFFLINE   kruser

kruser

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:58 PM

4.47 fixed my audio problems.
Not had much time to look for other problems but I can say that I am getting all OTA channels unlike others are reporting.

#9 OFFLINE   Dicx

Dicx

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

Came home and it was already installed. No problems for me so far.

#10 OFFLINE   DustoMan

DustoMan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

Did a soft-reset (hold down power button) and I hard reset (unplugging) and no dice. My CBS OTA channel is still gone, but my ABC could be detected, but the signal is very spotty. It won't stay locked in. It blinks between a black screen and the yellow Error 739 box. PBS still comes in loud and clear. Just verified that media center PC attached to same antenna can still see those channels. So this update didn't help me. :-(

#11 OFFLINE   Steve_53

Steve_53

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Fixed my OTA audio problems on both the 622 and the 722
vip622 / Samsung 61" DLP
vip722 / Samsung 32" LCD

#12 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

I didn't even know I had received L4.46 (the 622 was always recording, so I didn't ever check), but I didn't experience any problems. Checked last night just for the heck of it and had L4.47. No problems with either version here.

#13 OFFLINE   dwarren2

dwarren2

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

Not all is good. I'm still loosing audio on the 2 FOX sttions un central NY, Rochester and Syracuse. However, if I do the Menu, 6,9 and then get a lock on any digital channel and then "View TV" I get the sound back. Put a call into Dish and they are making a report.

#14 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

The one OTA local that I lost with 4.47 is restored.

As others suggested, re-adding that digital channel in the Locals Menu brought it back. It was already showing up in the locals list (in the Local Channels Menu: MENU-6-9) from previously being added, but apparently got "broke" in the update somehow.

Some suggested to merely highlight that channel in the list until it showed green (which it did), but that was not enough to get it back. I had to select "Add Locals" and enter the digital channel, select Done, and back the rest of the way out of the menus.

I only get a signal strength of 70 now, where I had one in the mid-80's before 4.47, but it's working, at least for now. ALL OTA channels and subs are working properly now.

#15 OFFLINE   bbomar

bbomar

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:36 PM

The one OTA local that I lost with 4.47 is restored.

As others suggested, re-adding that digital channel in the Locals Menu brought it back. It was already showing up in the locals list (in the Local Channels Menu: MENU-6-9) from previously being added, but apparently got "broke" in the update somehow.

Some suggested to merely highlight that channel in the list until it showed green (which it did), but that was not enough to get it back. I had to select "Add Locals" and enter the digital channel, select Done, and back the rest of the way out of the menus.

I only get a signal strength of 70 now, where I had one in the mid-80's before 4.47, but it's working, at least for now. ALL OTA channels and subs are working properly now.

WSMV (NBC, Channel 4) actually broadcasts on VHF channel 10. The other Nashville stations use UHF channels. I get a signal strength of 100 on the CBS, ABC, and FOX affiliates from Nashville, but only 90 from the NBC affiliate. I did not notice any change from L446 to L447 in that regard, but L447 did fix all my OTA audio problems.

#16 OFFLINE   bigdwoof

bigdwoof

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

I had recorded 3 OTA programs under 446, and there was no audio at all. I copied those to an external hard drive, and tried playing them from there, but still no audio. Next day, I got 447. All 3 programs had their audio again! This was a wierd bug, and I'm glad they got a fix for it quick!

#17 OFFLINE   davemanfl

davemanfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

All Good here :)

#18 OFFLINE   MLBurks

MLBurks

Icon

• Registered
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

I had recorded 3 OTA programs under 446, and there was no audio at all. I copied those to an external hard drive, and tried playing them from there, but still no audio. Next day, I got 447. All 3 programs had their audio again! This was a wierd bug, and I'm glad they got a fix for it quick!

Geez, I wish I didn't delete my audioless recordings:mad: .

#19 OFFLINE   Arky

Arky

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:18 PM

Seems fine on my 622.

#20 OFFLINE   cicijay

cicijay

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

This release is only spooling to customers that were on L4.46. Release notes can be found here

I never had L4.46 and just got L4.47.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...