Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Press Release: Dish Network Launches NBA TV HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:01 PM

DISH NETWORK® BRINGS HIGH-DEFINITION NBA HOOPS
TO NATION’S LARGEST HD LINEUP

Englewood, Colo. – Oct. 30, 2007 – DISH Network®, home of the best sports and movies in high definition (HD) as well as the best HD DVR in the industry, announced today that NBA TV is now included in DISH Network’s industry-leading national lineup of HD programming. With 75 channels, DISH Network’s continues to offer more national HD programming than any pay-TV provider in the United States.

“Bringing NBA TV HD to the home of the best sports and movies in HD is a natural move for DISH Network and a slam dunk for hoops fans,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Pairing DISH Network’s amazing picture quality with the best HD DVR anywhere will make watching all the action from home nearly every bit as exciting as going to the game.”

NBA TV is a hoop fan's dream and the ultimate source for all things basketball, featuring live NBA games every week, basketball news and information, exclusive interviews with the game's greatest stars and legends, and original series spotlighting today's players and coaches as well as the most memorable moments in the NBA's history. NBA TV will offer its first HD games of the 2007-08 season on Sunday, Nov. 4.

“We are thrilled to team up with DISH Network to provide their subscribers with the opportunity to experience the powerful combination of NBA basketball and high-definition through NBA TV in HD,” said NBA Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer Adam Silver.

Subscribers to America’s Top 100 package with DishHD will receive NBA TV HD free on Channel 402. DishHD is available free for six months to new customers, and new DISH Network subscribers may also receive a free upgrade to the company’s industry-leading and award-winning HD DVR receivers. Through Jan. 31, 2008, both current and new qualifying DISH Network DishHD customers may also enjoy up to $800 of instant savings on a variety of Sharp’s most popular line of flat panel HDTVs.

For more information about DISH Network, DishHD or NBA TV HD, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit www.dishnetwork.com or contact your local retailer.

# # #

About EchoStar Communications Corporation
EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) has been a leader for more than 27 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. The Company’s DISH Network® is the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in the country since 2000, providing more than 13.585 million satellite TV customers with industry-leading customer satisfaction which has surpassed major cable companies for seven years running. DISH Network customers also enjoy access to a premier line of award-winning Digital Video Recorders (DVRs), hundreds of video and audio channels, the most International channels in the U.S., industry-leading Interactive TV applications, Latino programming, and the best sports and movies in HD. DISH Network offers a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America, the DishDVR Advantage Package, high-speed Internet service, a free upgrade to the best HD DVR in the industry, and six months free of DishHD. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit www.echostar.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

About NBA TV
Launched in 1999, NBA TV is a fan's all-access network for everything basketball. The network offers over 400 games annually including more than 100 NBA regular season and playoff games, WNBA action, D-League competition, weekly Euroleague Games, and major international events like the FIBA Americas Championship. The network, which can be seen in 73 countries, features more than 20 original series; exclusive access to NBA events; news from around the world of basketball; nightly highlights; Top 10 Plays of the Day; interviews with the game's insiders, including current stars and legends; and exciting new technology such as High Definition. In addition, NBA TV offers real-time statistics, the latest fantasy basketball and video game news, and Video-On-Demand.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

Interesting...

Looks like the new NBATV is now going to be part of the basic package, like NFL is. Used to be you had to get multisport or AEP if you didn't sign up for League Pass.

So there should be more NBATV HD games on this season with Dish as well. I already see some populating in the guide for this weekend.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Smthkd

Smthkd

Icon

• Registered
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

I thinks its funny that Dish is STILL claiming to have the largest HD line up in the nation. Did I miss something but how can they claim this? NBA HD must be one powerful channel!
Media/Family Room:
Panasonic TC-P65S1 Plasma , Toshiba XA2 (28 HD DVD's),Sony 60gig PS3 (80 Blu-Ray/16 Games), Onkyo 705, Infinity CC2, 4 Infinity RS5, 2 Infinity Overture 3,Velodyne DDS12, Directv HR20,Monster Power HTS2500 MKII, SlingBox ProHD
Master Bedroom:
Hitachi 55HDS69 Plasma, Sony STR-DA4ES, Toshiba A2, Directv - H21
Seating Room:
Panasonic 34" HDtv, Toshiba A2, Directv H21

#4 OFFLINE   elbodude

elbodude

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

That's all find and dandy....But I am still without FSN HD in the 5th largest market!!!

#5 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

What I wonder is, will AT100 subs who don't have HD yet now start getting NBA TV?
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:33 PM

D* vs E* moved here ...
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=107350

Let's talk about NBA TV HD!

#7 OFFLINE   ukwes21

ukwes21

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

So does this mean if you have HD and anything top 100 and higher you will get HD NBA TV now?

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

That is the way the press release reads. I checked with a friend with AT200 and he does not have 402 in his guide (but he doesn't have DishHD ... just the grandfathered $9.99 HD pack).
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   ukwes21

ukwes21

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

That is the way I read it too. I have the multi sports pack now and might cancel it cause NBA TV is the only reason I have it. But since I am top 250 and have HD I shouldn't need to multi sports pack now.

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

I'd wait until someone without sports pack or AEP confirms having the channel. Occasionally E*'s press releases are ahead of reality! :)

#11 OFFLINE   Dicx

Dicx

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

Too bad it couldn't have been FX for a new season of Nip/Tuck that starts tonight.

#12 OFFLINE   Bagman

Bagman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

I have DVR Advantage package and I get NBA TV HD.

#13 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

Since we are also supposed to be getting a free preview month of NBA LEague pass... we might not know for sure if it stays with us after a month.

I have AT250, not AEP, and I don't have multisport... so I'll have to vote again in 30 days if I still have it.

But that press release reads as if it is part of the AT100 package now.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#14 OFFLINE   saltrek

saltrek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:35 AM

Are we really getting a free month of League Pass? The preview is usually only for a week or so.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...