Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Angel Life Member?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crowsnest1525

crowsnest1525

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:41 AM

Hi guys: Couldm't sleep and forgot to set my clocks back this morning. New member but here goes;, I don't usually get any information from sky angel since I paid for life membership back in the beginning. So when I received their brochure yesterday about IPTV, I thought that it would be a good project this morning. I came across your message board quite by accident by inserting in sky angels address while in Yahoo news. If anyone happens to get a absolute answer to how we life members stand in this offering, please get back with the information.

#2 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

It sure looks like us "lifetime" subscribers are going to get screwed. The CSRs at Sky Angel are telling us that our "lifetime" subscription ends when the satellite service ends. Right now, there is no absolute answer but it sure does not look good for those of us who trusted Sky Angel and thought that we paid for a lifetime subscription.
Bill R

#3 OFFLINE   Jashobeam

Jashobeam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

SA has not made a decision on what discount Life Time Subscribers will get on the new IPTV service. It will not be for free, but there is a Beta test that has been mentioned online. Those doing the Beta testing would get the box at a discount.

#4 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:47 AM

SA has not made a decision on what discount Life Time Subscribers will get on the new IPTV service.

Where did you get THAT information? It sure isn't what the Sky Angel CSRs are telling "lifetime" subscribers (as of late last week).
Bill R

#5 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:10 PM

All CSR told me is that they are considering an "offer" to lifetime members. I would guess that it would be a discount on the box. Not a acceptable offer for most of us with the monthly cost involved plus high speed

#6 OFFLINE   Jashobeam

Jashobeam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

Where did you get THAT information? It sure isn't what the Sky Angel CSRs are telling "lifetime" subscribers (as of late last week).

I got it on another board where SA customers, especially life time subs are talking about what the CSRs have told them.

#7 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

What is interesting on the other board is that all the "new, customer service told me..." posts seem to be originating with one member who uses skyangel as part of their user name. Coincidence or is sky angel throwing bones on the list to see what happens.........

We already know they are monitoring the boards. I think they are wating to offer lifetimers anything to see how many sign up without a special offer

spam firewall