Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Remote Control Questions

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

I believe there is still a way to program the HR24 remotes with codes/try different codes but I'm not 100% sure how. I don't have any HR24/H24 models. Hopefully someone else here who has them will see your post and try to help.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#262 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

I believe there is still a way to program the HR24 remotes with codes/try different codes but I'm not 100% sure how. I don't have any HR24/H24 models. Hopefully someone else here who has them will see your post and try to help.

I pulled the TV code out of the old RC32 remote and programmed the new RC65 with that code the same way we used to program the old RC32 remotes and it worked.

Thanks to you for pointing me in the right direction...

#263 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

no prob, glad you got it working.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#264 OFFLINE   LoweBoy

LoweBoy

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

So does a RC65R have RF capabilities? I want to pair it to an HR21-700.

Edited by LoweBoy, 13 June 2011 - 05:17 PM.

LoweBoy
1 HR34-700 -- Pioneer VSX-1021 -- Samsung 55" B8k
1 HR24-500 -- Samsung 46" C8k
1 HR20-100 -- Vizio 32"
1 H25-700-- Vizio 32"
1 H25-500-- Samsung 40"

nomad & MRV all self installed
iPads & iPhones & AppleTV

#265 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

So does a RC65R have RF capabilities? I want to pair it to an HR21-700.

My RC65rx remotes are RF and IR but they are not back-lit.

#266 OFFLINE   but61ler

but61ler

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Sometimes we have trouble entering the channel number on the remote especially the 6 like in 206. We just have to keep trying. Any advise.

#267 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

Which DVR/receiver model(s) do you have, and which remote?

Using RF (radio waves) or IR (infrared)?

What are the room conditions?
(light/electromagnetic interference possibilities)

Do you have trouble using the DirecTV remote with any other devices, or using another device's remote with it?

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#268 OFFLINE   DeweySat

DeweySat

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Keypads do go bad. You need to try another remote.

#269 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

As you'll discover, there's nothing wrong with your remote. Channel entry is difficult because of DirecTV DVR's slow and sproadic response. If you open a search box and type numbers or letters with triple tap, and they work, then your remote is fine.

#270 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Trying to setup the remote for a new Samsung UN55D8000. Tried doing setup via menu but when I select claims it failed and ask to try again. I use RF is this an issue were I need to put unit back into IR mode????

#271 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

Yes if you just have to use the two-way programming feature, or can just do the following on the remote itself:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 1 0 8 1 2

To get the input key:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 0
aka Tivoburkee

#272 OFFLINE   richlife

richlife

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Going all the way back to post #33 (and a quick Search to find it), I want to thank Edmund. So obvious yet easy to miss -- if you try to go through the remote RF setup procedure with the second remote, it doesn't work because the receiver is setup for RF. But run the same procedure (post #33) and it works fine.

My first thought was that the receiver was tied to the first remote. Once again, DBSTalk to my rescue.

Rich

Edit: Oops, sorry, my new remote purchased for second room access is an RC65RBX. I'll also now go update my sig info. Rich
Rich Beaudry
UNC Tar Heel '69, '75
Woodworker, grandfather, DirecTV 1994
Whole-Home Slimline w/ SWM.
A) HR20-700: NR 4aa; HDMI Audio: HDMI, TOSLINK. Res-1080i; Native- On; eSata-No; Remote-RF (2).
B) HR23-700: NR 4aa; Video&Audio HDMI. Res.-720p; Native-On; Network-No; eSata-No; Remote-IR.
C) H23-600: NR 0440; HDMI. Res.-1080p; Native-On; eSata-No; Remote-IR.
TVs: A) Sony 50" Rear Proj KDS50A2000 & VIZIO 22" LCD M220VA; B) Sony 37" Rear Proj KDF37H1000; C) Toshiba 40" LCD 40FT1U

#273 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

I have an old school Mitsubishi 26" CRT TV from the early 90's or late 80's. Our roommate moved out so we had an extra receiver to hook up, so I pulled this old sucker out of the closet and hooked it up in our bedroom. In fact the on screen menus, inputs and front panel controls are identical to a console version my late grandfather had in the 90's. It has an audio button and a menu button with very simple on screen display. 1 S-Video, and 1 composite video input, and L/R RCA audio outputs with a internal speaker enable/disable toggle switch in the back.

So I programmed the remote using the wizard in the H24's remote control setup screen. I'm pretty sure I got the model number right.. cs2658r or something, can't really remember off the top of my head... but the power button doesn't work the TV when the remote is in DirecTV mode.

If I use the DirecTV & TV on or off button, the TV won't power on/off. I push the button and the LED on the remote flashes for DirecTV and TV, so it appears as if it would be sending a signal. If I use the center PWR button I can't turn the TV off. I have to move the switch over to TV mode, and THEN the PWR button will power the TV off.

Any idea why this is? It's whatever remote came out with the H24. It's not RF.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#274 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

Some tv's like your old mits don't have discrete on/off, so the PWR button is the only way. Nothing you can do about it. After a while the old slide and pwr routine will become second nature. Otherwise, you could get a proper universal remote for around $15 (RCA RCRP05B, for example) and program your own TV/SAT master power macro.

#275 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,812 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Some tv's like your old mits don't have discrete on/off, so the PWR button is the only way. Nothing you can do about it. After a while the old slide and pwr routine will become second nature. Otherwise, you could get a proper universal remote for around $15 (RCA RCRP05B, for example) and program your own TV/SAT master power macro.

And what I find interesting is that some TV's will power toggle on/off with the ON and OFF buttons on the D* remote. You would think they would be able to copy his power toggle over to those buttons as well.

#276 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

That stinks. I changed the batteries too just incase. I see the LED flash on the remote so it looks like it sends something to the TV. With all the model numbers specified when setting up the remote, you'd think their database would know which models don't have discrete on/off. Then they could program the DTV & TV power buttons appropriately.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#277 OFFLINE   treday630

treday630

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hello,

I'm new to DirecTV by leaving cable and I'm loving it. The only thing I do find myself missing is the Live Button on the remote from my cable.

When watching live T.V. like for instance this Falcons v. Eagles game and I decide to rewind a play is there a quicker way to back to the Live T.V. other than forward button?

#278 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,347 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

I'm new to DirecTV by leaving cable and I'm loving it. The only thing I do find myself missing is the Live Button on the remote from my cable.

When watching live T.V. like for instance this Falcons v. Eagles game and I decide to rewind a play is there a quicker way to back to the Live T.V. other than forward button?

Hold down the 30Skip/slide button for a couple of seconds. Or hit Exit while tuned to the live channel. I prefer to stay with the recorded version for a number of reasons.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#279 OFFLINE   cdvorak

cdvorak

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

I am going to return 1 of my receivers and need to decide which remote to return - my understanding is the 65's have more codes than the 64's

also think that the R means RF and X means IR, but no RF

I have a RC65 RX, which I guess means both IR and RF
also a RC64X, which I guess means IR
also a RC64, which I guess means no IR and no RF

plan to return the RC64
does any of this make sense?

#280 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

For the record, most of the info in the previous post is incorrect.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...