Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Remote Control Questions

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

I just Discovered the wonders of HDMI CONTROL - Everything Connected Thru Onkyo 609 -Sony TV & HR22 -Sony Blue Ray- Using RC65X Sliding the switch to tun on & OFF-the Amp-  Press the small power Button on -turns on the TV and HR22 - Wait - everything comes to life -To turn off Repeat the same.

I turned on HDMI Control for the sony & Blue Ray & Onkyo - NOW - I can press the small power on button on and everything turns on!! :)  Press the Small power button off -everything goes OFF! :) NO MORE Sliding the Switch !

When I use the TV internet Apps -it signals the amp and changes the input to TV/CD - exit -the TV app and it returns to cable/sat :)  

Small things can make life more wonderful - My Wife can now turn on and off the TV and no longer has to cuss me about it :)

Using Hdmi control just may do away with all the other MFG codes except (tv codes) 

"Let's Have Some Fun!"
SL-5, SWM-16, (2) HR22-100, (1) H21-200, (1) H20-100, (1) HR44-200, (1) CCK

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#502 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

Lost my way looking to revert RC71 back to RF, as well as programming a Samsung Plasma, PN58B650 to control volume and ideally  get it on discrete ON and OFF commands. 

(This came about after a long repair of HDD overnight through Diagnostics section; unit rebooted it self midday.)

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#503 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Perhaps my searching abilities are rotten today, but is there a guide to setting up the RC71 remote? I've looked several times and haven't found one. 

#504 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,806 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Perhaps my searching abilities are rotten today, but is there a guide to setting up the RC71 remote? I've looked several times and haven't found one. 

Assuming you have a Genie,

I am going from memory here,

press and hold the mute and enter buttons until the remote is paired with the receiver.

After that, follow the onscreen instructions for programming the TV and Audio devices.

You can work with this also.

http://www.directv.c...nt/remote_codes

If you are using it with an HR2X model receiver then the RC71 is worthless.

Edited by jimmie57, 03 December 2014 - 09:29 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM, HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#505 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

Thanks, Jimmie. Got me along the path. Now only to see if I get discrete on and off commands to the TV.... But I am back on RF and have volume control. Don't know why I didn't think of DIRECTV's website after I bombed out here. Yes, I have an HR44-200.              

#506 OFFLINE   1kcent

1kcent

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSouthern california

Posted Yesterday, 01:40 PM

Used to be directv had what was called turbo tune. It was just like Quicktune except turbo tune would show you the contents of the program that was being shown where it now just says Quicktune. Bring back the program channel contents on each of the nine highlighted boxes. Thank you.

#507 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,806 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Used to be directv had what was called turbo tune. It was just like Quicktune except turbo tune would show you the contents of the program that was being shown where it now just says Quicktune. Bring back the program channel contents on each of the nine highlighted boxes. Thank you.

I have had HD service since 2009 and I have not ever seen that feature.

When did you see that ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM, HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#508 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,197 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

I have had HD service since 2009 and I have not ever seen that feature.
When did you see that ?

agree. Never seen such thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#509 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

You have to be an old timer to remember Turbo Tune: http://www.manualsli...0a.html?page=39
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#510 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,399 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

You have to be an old timer to remember Turbo Tune: http://www.manualsli...0a.html?page=39

I remember that feature.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#511 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,197 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted Yesterday, 06:05 PM

Ya, never had a GAEB0A receiver myself.  First receiver was the RCA DRD SD boxes.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...