Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Remote Control Questions

• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   manlius-ny

manlius-ny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Yes you can, with the receiver and first remote already set for Rf, leave them alone and do the following on the second remote:

1. Directv device
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

Edmond, I have an RC 34 and RC 64R. The 64R is setup to control an HR21-200 using RF--works great. I'd like the RC 34 to control the same device and I get no response after going through the above 8 steps. Should this work with the HR21-200 as well?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

Edmond, I have an RC 34 and RC 64R. The 64R is setup to control an HR21-200 using RF--works great. I'd like the RC 34 to control the same device and I get no response after going through the above 8 steps. Should this work with the HR21-200 as well?

Yes, the RC34 is a RF remote, and should work perfectly with above steps. Try with new batteries.

Make sure the receiver ID # matches the one in the INFO screen in the menu of the receiver.
aka Tivoburkee

#63 OFFLINE   manlius-ny

manlius-ny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

Yes, the RC34 is a RF remote, and should work perfectly with above steps. Try with new batteries.

Make sure the receiver ID # matches the one in the INFO screen in the menu of the receiver.

No joy with brand new batteries using the RC 34. I confirmed the Receiver ID through "Setup/Info". Steps I've taken:

1. Select and Mute while selector switch is on Directv
2. Enter 00001
3. Select and Mute while selector switch is on Directv
4. Enter 961 + Ch up
5. Enter 6-digets receiver number (last 6 digits for the HR 21-200)
6. Press Select

Am I missing anything?

#64 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Is that a typo, or did you enter one too many zeros in step 2?

#65 OFFLINE   manlius-ny

manlius-ny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:01 PM

Is that a typo, or did you enter one too many zeros in step 2?

Good catch. Typo. Should be 00001

#66 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

It should work, unless you hear rattle inside, the RF puck, RF circuit board may have gone bad.
aka Tivoburkee

#67 OFFLINE   technstuff

technstuff

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

Does the HR21 have a master volume. My LCD Monitor has no remote. On my old cable Motorola there was a master volume and I could change the volume and mute via the box instead of the tv.

#68 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

The volume level coming from the HR21 cannot be changed. But if you know the code for your LCD monitor and can program it into the HR21 remote, you can set volume punch thru following the instructions on the HR21 remote setup screen.

#69 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

Does the HR21 have a master volume. My LCD Monitor has no remote. On my old cable Motorola there was a master volume and I could change the volume and mute via the box instead of the tv.

No, the directv receiver doesn't have a volume of its own, and if the monitor doesn't have volume either, you're out of luck. Time for av receiver.
aka Tivoburkee

#70 OFFLINE   karpin

karpin

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

I have had my new DVR R16 for several months now and several keys on the RC64 remote have failed including the number 5 and 6, red key, Back, Exit, Stop and Fast Forward. Pushing any of these keys and there in no response from the remote (no light). I have tried removing the batteries to reset the remote which worked at first but now the problem is back. Is it a bad remote or some other issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Receiver Manufacturer: DIRECTV
Receiver Model: R16-300
Remote Style: RC64

#71 OFFLINE   rat

rat

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

I had two h23-600 receivers installed with the rc64r remotes. Can I program the remotes to work both satellits receivers using AV1 or AV2? I just cant get it to work.

#72 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

I had two h23-600 receivers installed with the rc64r remotes. Can I program the remotes to work both satellits receivers using AV1 or AV2? I just cant get it to work.

Yes, be either IR or RF, to do it by IR. Cover one receiver as you switch the other:

Start by programming AV1 or AV2 with code 00003:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 3

slide back to the directv device on the remote and enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's & setting> system setup> remote> receiver mode>

2. you will see either Directv or AV1/AV2, click whichever to reveal both

3. choose AV1/AV2, the remote will stop controlling the receiver at this point, now slide to AV1 or AV2 whichever has code 00003:

4. press DONE and exit the menu

If you wish to control it by RF:

Lets try it, enter the menu:

1. menu>parental, fav's, & setup> system setup> remote> IR/RF>

2. you will see either IR or RF, tap whichever to reveal both

3. either pressing RF, or RF & DONE, the remote won't work any longer, now do the following on the remote:

a) dtv

B) press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

c) enter 9 6 1

d) press CH UP

e) enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment

f) press SELECT

Now doing the above on the second receiver to switch it to RF, just by using a different RID # in step e), will prevent it from conflicting with the first receiver.
aka Tivoburkee

#73 OFFLINE   rat

rat

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

Worked perfectly. Thanks.

#74 OFFLINE   rat

rat

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Hello, I have a RF remote but the signal just doesn’t make it to my receiver, I have H23-600 receivers. These new receivers have internal antennas and no slots for external antennae. The legacy receiver I just got rid of had an antennae and it worked fine. Now the RF signal does have to go thru some concrete and my HVAC unit, but the old remote and receiver did work. Is there an RF extender or booster out there made for this? I know they are IR ones but I haven’t found any RF.

Thanks.

#75 OFFLINE   flynn337

flynn337

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

I want to leave my HR23 on all the time. But I want to use the remote to turn on and off the TV.

Is there a shortcut to having to slide the mode switch to TV to toggle the TV PWR, and then back to D* to use the HR23?

For example, can I lock the PWR button to the TV, like I can lock the volume controls to my receiver? Or can I somehow disable the HR23 from accepting power toggles from the remote and use the "all on / all off" buttons (which I currently have to avoid since I don't want to turn off my HR23)?

(btw, what happened to the remote FAQ at the top of this thread? it sounds like it had a "Harmony" section, but i don't see one in the current remote FAQ here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=148702)

#76 OFFLINE   Paul E Fox II

Paul E Fox II

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

While doing a search for One For All remotes, I notice that these new DirecTV remotes come up as well.

Are they, in fact, UEI/One For All remotes?

Can they be programmed for special things like the older One For All remotes or am I just limited to certain things?

I thought those punch through codes sounded familiar!

#77 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

While doing a search for One For All remotes, I notice that these new DirecTV remotes come up as well.

Are they, in fact, UEI/One For All remotes?

Can they be programmed for special things like the older One For All remotes or am I just limited to certain things?

I thought those punch through codes sounded familiar!

The white directv remotes are made by UEI, but they do not have the same features as OFA universal remotes, like keymoving or the use of advanced codes, no.
aka Tivoburkee

#78 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

I want to leave my HR23 on all the time. But I want to use the remote to turn on and off the TV.

Is there a shortcut to having to slide the mode switch to TV to toggle the TV PWR, and then back to D* to use the HR23?

For example, can I lock the PWR button to the TV, like I can lock the volume controls to my receiver? Or can I somehow disable the HR23 from accepting power toggles from the remote and use the "all on / all off" buttons (which I currently have to avoid since I don't want to turn off my HR23)?

(btw, what happened to the remote FAQ at the top of this thread? it sounds like it had a "Harmony" section, but i don't see one in the current remote FAQ here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=148702)

No, you can't just control the TV with the TV/DVR ON & OFF keys, unless your tv brand has just the same power toggle on both the ON & OFF keys, you could just use the TV ON key for powering tv both on & off, without affecting the receiver, and abandoning the OFF key. Which of course will always turn off the receiver too.
aka Tivoburkee

#79 OFFLINE   flynn337

flynn337

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

No, you can't just control the TV with the TV/DVR ON & OFF keys, unless your tv brand has just the same power toggle on both the ON & OFF keys, you could just use the TV ON key for powering tv both on & off, without affecting the receiver, and abandoning the OFF key. Which of course will always turn off the receiver too.

Ugh... so i'm stuck with these steps:

1. Slide the mode switch to TV if necessary
2. Press PWR <TV turns on>
3. Slide the mode switch to D*
4. Use the remote normally
5. Slide the mode switch to TV
6. Press PWR
7. Press PWR again <TV turns off>

Not quite enough to make me buy another Harmony, but we're getting there...

#80 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

No, use the TV/DVR key like it should work, if it does, turning off the receiver while you turn off the tv. It will still record while in standby mode.
aka Tivoburkee

spam firewall