Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why no HBO or Sho?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimd909

jimd909

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

I don't get it. If they have Starz, why not HBO and Sho? Will they be added at a later date?

I think most of the stuff on DOD is useless.

Just my opinion.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

one word: BETA

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:37 AM

Mr. Houskamp is right... On Demand just doesn't have all the content yet. I hope those are added, as well as broadcast networks.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   MEJHarrison

MEJHarrison

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

I hope those are added, as well as broadcast networks.

I'd absolutely LOVE to see broadcast networks added. It would be nice to not have to worry about a missed recording. It would be nice to not have to worry about sports preempting something I'm waiting on. It would be nice to not have to worry about storms causing me to miss part/all of my shows. It would be nice to not have to worry about my OTA having issues.

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

FYI...Showtime On Demand has been added. Just not opened yet but I now have 1537 Showtime listed on my HR20.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   jtn

jtn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

If you subscribe to it, you should have access to it. Cable TV let's you have access to whatever you subscribe to. Premium channels or not.
Living Room: HR20-700S - OTA enabled; Networking & Internet working
Bedroom : HR20-700S - OTA not used; Networking & Internet working
Firmware on both units CE0x1C3
AT-9/Zinwell switch
Using WRT54GS firmware 7.50.02 Linksys for all devices and Internet. Working for download of On Demand. Disabled wireless for extra security.
Comcast Internet & Basic w/discount

#7 OFFLINE   TWJR

TWJR

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

FYI...Showtime On Demand has been added. Just not opened yet but I now have 1537 Showtime listed on my HR20.

Seems to be working. I just started downloading Brotherhood.
Samsung LN52A550 LCD
HR20-100
Networked via Buffalo Air Station Series G
1TB WD w/Anec MX-1 enclosure via esata

#8 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

Seems to be working. I just started downloading Brotherhood.

Cool I didn't know if it was active yet. Thanks!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#9 OFFLINE   gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:26 AM

working here as well, although i don't like the white fonts with the really bright white screen.
DBSTalk Chat Room Moderator

#10 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

I'd absolutely LOVE to see broadcast networks added. It would be nice to not have to worry about a missed recording. It would be nice to not have to worry about sports preempting something I'm waiting on. It would be nice to not have to worry about storms causing me to miss part/all of my shows. It would be nice to not have to worry about my OTA having issues.

I am with you on the Network deal it will be nice. It will interesting how Sports programming does. I have recorded some football games forgot to set it to go say 30 extra minutes or so then game goes long and I miss the end....:mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...