Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 connected to internet but I cannot see it with WMP11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jonpfl

jonpfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

All,

Should I be able to see my HR20 on my network? When I go into "My Network Places", all I see are my two computers on my LAN. Should I be able to see my HR20.

I have a Linksys Wireless WRT54GS talking to a Buffalo Ethernet Adaptor (both having the latest firmware). I looked through quite a few threads and have tried various things.

Would some kind soul contact me and help walk me through the process?

Thx
jonpfl

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

The HR20 is only a client, it does not share anything on your network. You will not see it in your My Network Places. You will only see it as a connected client in whatever media sharing software you are using.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Have you set WMP11 up to share with the HR20?

If not open WMP11-->right click the top bar-->tools-->options-->Library-->configure sharing-->check the "share my media to" box-->then you should see a unknown device pop up. That is the HR20. Allow it and then you should have a music & photo's option added to the HR20 menu.

#4 OFFLINE   jonpfl

jonpfl

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:28 AM

The HR20 is only a client, it does not share anything on your network. You will not see it in your My Network Places. You will only see it as a connected client in whatever media sharing software you are using.

Oh, didn't realize that.

Thx
jonpfl

#5 OFFLINE   jonpfl

jonpfl

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

Have you set WMP11 up to share with the HR20?

If not open WMP11-->right click the top bar-->tools-->options-->Library-->configure sharing-->check the "share my media to" box-->then you should see a unknown device pop up. That is the HR20. Allow it and then you should have a music & photo's option added to the HR20 menu.

Yes I have. Nothing is in the list at all. Is there something I have to do with my HR20 so I can see it on my PC? I have a wireless ethernet adaptor (Buffalo) for my HR20 and a Linksys wireless router (both G). I have both of them set to WPA for security.

I have assigned a static IP address to my Buffalo wireless ethernet adaptor. I did not change anything on my HR20 as it worked when I hooked everything up. Do I need to assign a static IP address to my HR20? I assume it is being assigned an IP address from my router, right? (I have that set up to do DHCP and allow a max of 3 addresses).

What am I missing?

Thx
jonpfl

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:35 AM

Take a look at this thread it should help.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=99327

#7 OFFLINE   jonpfl

jonpfl

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:44 AM

Take a look at this thread it should help.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=99327

I actually read that thread before posting and still have problems

I cannot get my HR20 to show up in WMP. I had the red X in my list and followed the suggestion and still have the problem.

Any ideas?

Thx
jonpfl

#8 OFFLINE   jonpfl

jonpfl

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

I rebooted my HR20 and got the newest firmware (I think it came out today) and it works!!

Thx for your help
jonpfl

#9 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:37 PM

OK, I have the latest software and I just hooked my HR 20-100 up for the first time tonight. It got connected right away and I now have the On DEmand menu item. However, I get nothing in WMP11. I can see the Xbox 360 and my D-Link DSM 320, but nothing for the HR20.

I am assuming from reading that it should just work by itself right? Maybe tonight after I am done recording everythign I will reboot the HR20.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#10 OFFLINE   BigSey

BigSey

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

I'm also having issues with my media sharing. I set up my Buffalo Ethernet Adaptor to connect to my wireless modem/router. On Demand is working great but I can't for the life of my get it to share my pictures or music.

When I go in to WMP 11 to media sharing, there aren't any devices listed. I've rebooted a few times and still nothing. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

HR20-700
H20-100

#11 OFFLINE   CrAnK

CrAnK

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

I have tried ever thing but can not get the menu to show. Wired from HR20-700 with 0x1b4 to Linksys router BEFSR41v4 running Win Vista and Kaspersky firewall it shows an ip of 192.168.1.102 on HR 20 which I can not ping any ideas?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...