Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

channel question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   guod5

guod5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

I was wondering if there was any talk in the works to have HBO on demand? Is this completely out of the question?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Coffey77

Coffey77

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

I'm not sure on the HBO but I don't see why it wouldn't be available. Anything's possible but it's the things we don't know about - does HBO have a contract with another provider? Is HBO asking too much money for the use of VOD content? The questions could go on and on and the reasons as well. It's still pretty early in the Beta Testing Phaze of the DoD so time will tell.
- Andy
My Setup - (Computer Setup Included)
HR20-700 - / - / H20-100 -
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE<-- to DBSTalk.com and become a DBSTalk Club Member!

#3 OFFLINE   trevorst

trevorst

Godfather

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

I would imagine they would, Comcast has HBO on demand.

#4 OFFLINE   rock819

rock819

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

Im not sure about HBO DOD but i was looking at the DOD list today and Showtime was just added well at leat just added to my available DOD today

spam firewall