Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems with the Pioneer Antenna

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   A1cntrler

A1cntrler

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 09:39 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the Pioneer Antenna? I have had one on my vehicle for over a year now and it worked flawlessly until two days ago. It worked on the way to work and on my lunch break, but all the way home I got the NOSIGNAL message on my Pioneer HU. Never having a problem before, I assumed it was a problem with the XM service. I let it sit over night, and the next day when I tried it all I got was bits and pieces of songs and static and again NOSIGNAL. The weather was clear and dry, so water or ice should be no factor. I called XM Listener care line (After 1hr and 10 minutes on hold, hearing touch-tones and then a busy signal, then calling back and on hold for an additional 45 minutes) and we troubleshot my problem. She told me all their equipment was up and working great, and to take my truck to BestBuy and let them troubleshoot it. Having installed all my own stuff, I wasn't about to take it to them to rip apart (My tuner is way out of the way behind some trim panels) and charge me money to tell me what is broke so I can spend more money. I happed to have my wife's XM out of her car as we are trying to sell it, so I hooked up her small Sony antenna and my system came to life (is it possible for different antennas to give sound better quality?? The Sony seems way better...) An e-mail to Pioneer got me a canned response saying they are sorry for my problem and to give them another chance. (No incentives, coupon, percentage off...etc.)
Is anyone interested in what is inside of the Pioneer antenna?? Since Pioneer doesn't want it back, I was considering taking it apart to look and see what makes it tick...

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...