Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC64 Extras?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   F1 Fan

F1 Fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:02 AM

When I had cable in my rented place the Moto box remote allowed me to program the Master on/off to turn off all the devices it was programmed for (eg on the Directv remotes rather than just Directv and TV it would also let me program AV1 and AV2 in any order if I wanted to).

Anyone managed to get a macro like this working on an RC64?

Secondly, I have my RC64 programmed for RF on my HR20 and HR21, my TV (with fixed TV input - thanks for the help in another thread) and my Sony audio box.

The HR20 and 21 both go to the TV via HDMI (now i can switch inputs on the TV) and both go to the audio box for DD. But I still have to use the audio box remote to switch inputs. Anyone know a way to get the RC64 to switch inputs? Can I "teach" it? Macro it somehow or does using the AV2 switch and TV Input button work?
HR34-700, HR24-100, 3x H25-100s, MRV on DECA, SWM16

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:08 PM

Sorry you're asking too much of a oem remote.
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   F1 Fan

F1 Fan

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

Sorry you're asking too much of a oem remote.

Yeah I guessed as much.

I did like that Moto remote that allowed me to macro the power options.

But the audio input i knew was a lot for a remote, but just wondered if someone found something by accident.

I can live with sliding the switch over and power on and off the audio box or just having the second remote with me. At least I am down to 2 remotes from 4.
HR34-700, HR24-100, 3x H25-100s, MRV on DECA, SWM16

spam firewall