Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TiVo Article

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KenIdaho

KenIdaho

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:27 PM

I just ran across an interesting article in Electronic Design about TiVo. http://www.elecdesig...0&extension=pdf I found it interesting that 45% of the TiVo Subscribers were direct TV customers. This means that roughly 225,000 thousand Direct Tivo Users given that TiVo has 500,000 subscribers.

If D* has 12,000,000 subscribers which if I remember is correct that means only less than 2% of D* subscribers are Direct TiVo.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 05:29 PM

It's always good to be part of the top 2% :)

Since I own 2 DirecTiVos, I must be in the top 1% :D
Fox News : It grows on you... kinda like cancer.

#3 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 05:44 PM

If the DTiVo vendors had not had a shortage of machines (and then dragged their as* on the DirectTiVo series 2) the #s would be alot higher.

I wonder if they count multiple SA machine subs more than once (since each subscription is dependant on the machine not the person). If so how many multiple DTiVo owners are there. Every DTiVo owner I know either have more than one machine or wished they had more than one machine.
4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

spam firewall