Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What shows have you given up on this season?

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

What shows have you given a chance but have now given up on?

For me:
  • K-ville
  • Pushing Daisies
  • Carpoolers
  • Back to You
  • Till Death
Soon to be added to the list:
  • Life
  • Bionic Woman
  • Chuck

Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

Love Bionic woman and Pushing Daises. The Bionic woman has gotten more interesting each week. I don't know how long they can stretch the plot out on Pushing Daises since it is so simplistic. I have given up on Mad tv since they got rid of Ike. I liked him and Bobby lee fighting. They were funny.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

I'm 3 weeks behind on Bionic Woman. It's hard to watch sometimes, I hope they get past the "beginning" part and give her more assignments and action. I don't know about the subplot with Starbuck, that isn't really doing it for me.

Carpoolers is another one that's hard to watch but that's because I'm not really drawn in at all. It seems very canned.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

Stargate Atlantis (Just not into it anymore)
Pushing Daisies (First few episodes were interesting, but then I stopped watching)
Nip/Tuck (Never watched it, gave it a try because of HD and enjoyed the first episode, hated the 2nd and quickly pulled the plug)
Ghost Whisperer (Got kind of hooked on it last season when I first got HD because it was the best looking show I had seen. Can't get into it this year)
Everything else is still holding on, but Bionic Woman is close to getting the boot.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
XBOX Live Gamertag: Snoofie71
Samsung 50" DLP

#5 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

I'm 3 weeks behind on Bionic Woman. It's hard to watch sometimes, I hope they get past the "beginning" part and give her more assignments and action.

Is it just me or does she always say, "I'm in" when they want her to go on a mission? I know she has said it multiple times. Maybe the problem with this show is the turnover in show runners, but it needs to find itself fast. Ratings have taken a dive since the premier. I'm just getting bored with the episodes all kind of feeling the same and the really bad acting. I keep holding on hoping for some greatness, but if it is off too long with the writers strike, I might just forget about it.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
XBOX Live Gamertag: Snoofie71
Samsung 50" DLP

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,814 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:26 PM

Bionic Woman and CSI: Miami
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#7 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:27 PM

I wanted K-ville to be as good as I hoped it would,but I remember the first time I watched it. My family and I sat down and we were all excited to watch it and about after 3 minutes into the show we all agreed it was absolutely stupid and I haven't watched it since. The only series I watch are Family Guy,King of the Hill,Seinfeld,24,Kid Nation. Those are my top favorites.

#8 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,416 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

What shows have you given a chance but have now given up on?

For me:

• K-ville
  • Pushing Daisies
  • Carpoolers
  • Back to You
  • Till Death
Soon to be added to the list:
  • Life
  • Bionic Woman
  • Chuck

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :) I think "Life" is the best new show of the season. I love the Charlie Crews character. Probably my only keeper, if it doesn't get cancelled. I'm still bitter about "Studio 60". :(

I'm also a fan of 'Til Death. I am waiting for "Back to You" to get better because I like the casting. The writing hasn't been very funny so far though, IMHO. "Reaper" on CW is pretty good as well. Also "Journeyman" and "Chuck" when there's nothing else to watch, but I can live without them. "Samantha Who" is showing some early promise too. /steve
/steve

#9 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

I added 4 news shows this fall and I am still watching all 4.

K-Ville
Chuck
Life
The Big Bang Theory

#10 OFFLINE   lflorack

lflorack

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:46 PM

New Shows Given up on:
  • Back to You

New Shows still in the hunt:
  • Life
  • Journeyman

My System Diagram: Here System Pix: Here

#11 OFFLINE   pdxsam

pdxsam

Godfather

• Registered
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

I've given up on K-Ville, Big Shots, Women's Murder Club , Life and Private Practice.

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

I've given up on Life, Cane and Women's Murder Club.

I'm sticking with Chuck, Journeyman, Bionic Women, Big Bang Theory, Moonlight, KVille and Reaper.

I'm looking forward to New Amsterdam and The Sarah Connor Chronicles on Fox in January..
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#13 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

We added Women's Murder Club, Private Practice, Samantha Who?, and Back To You this season.

Private Practice is a keeper in our house.

Women's murder club is too, we think? We keep watching, and I think after each episode my wife and I look at each other and ask if we like the show, and we both think we do... It's kind of on the fence for us.. Not NEARLY as good as the books, IMHO.... The other thing that makes this one difficult for me is that the ex-husband as liutenant is just there for the tension, and one of the other characters is no longer in the books.... and I like the new character better (trying not to give away too much in case some people haven't read that far in the books and still hope to)....

Back to YOu and Samantha Who are both still on the list, but only because we've only got 30 shows and so I didn't bother going in and deleting them... Neither of those have really caught us at all... We might watch them at some point and hope they grab ahold of us, but at this point, those two are on our no fly list.

#14 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

I regret never having started "Prison Break". I plan to catch up on DVD's over the summer.

Season 1 is out on Blu-ray.

It's still a show I watch the same or next night, but they've done some things that would seem to reduce the possibility of a Season 4.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#15 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Moonlight only made it one episode here.

Although not new, I killed off Greys Anatamony. The guide debacle on the first two eps set me behind, and just never bothered. Don't miss it much either. :(
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#16 OFFLINE   Bertrude

Bertrude

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

My Name is Earl. I can't begin to express how disappointed I am in recent episodes. Before this season, it was one of my favorite shows on TV, but the creative writing and COPS rehash episodes have just about killed it for me.

#17 OFFLINE   sean10780

sean10780

Godfather

• Registered
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

Bionic Woman and Back to you.

We were very disappointed in both shows after having high hopes.

As for Prison break, it's one of my favorite shows. Hopefully it will be back on the schedule in January even with the writers strike.

#18 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

I've given up on some new shows, and even one show I've watched since it started:

Bionic Woman (3 episodes)
Carpoolers (1 episode)
Caveman (1 episode)
Prison Break (2 seasons and 2 episodes)

I'm very close to giving up on Without a Trace - the entire season is waiting for me to, and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

#19 OFFLINE   Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:05 AM

My Name is Earl. I can't begin to express how disappointed I am in recent episodes. Before this season, it was one of my favorite shows on TV, but the creative writing and COPS rehash episodes have just about killed it for me.

^ Ditto
HR20--> HDMI --> Panny TH50 PX600U
HR20 --> HDMI --> 40" Sony KDL XBR3

#20 OFFLINE   raydrfan

raydrfan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

I gave up Pushing Daisies and Moonlight after 2 episodes each. My wife still watches Moonlight, but that type of show is right up her alley anyway. We also gave up on Without a Trace, Cold Case, and Numb3rs. I guess you can only watch so many crime dramas before you have to purge something.

spam firewall