Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What shows have you given up on this season?

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

I fast forward thru the love scenes most of the time in all shows. Women making love in bed with their bras on is just a little too much for me believe.

If it's so easy to see Lucy Liu in that role for us, why did we get stuck with who ever she is? They must cast these shows with some plan in mind, no? That would be an immensely popular show with Lucy Liu in it. Shame...

Rich

Demographics. Lucy Liu is just a tad bit older than the current actess playing Jaime Somers ... and I'm sure NBC wanted to go "young" to get a younger audience to watch.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

Demographics. Lucy Liu is just a tad bit older than the current actess playing Jaime Somers ... and I'm sure NBC wanted to go "young" to get a younger audience to watch.

The original Bionic Woman is a show that I don't want to be reminded of. I was not happy to find out this one's name was the same.

Lucy Liu, too old? C'mon.

Rich

#123 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

The original Bionic Woman is a show that I don't want to be reminded of. I was not happy to find out this one's name was the same.

Lucy Liu, too old? C'mon.

Rich

Hey now! I didn't say she was "too old" ... just that she's older than the current actress in the show! :lol:

#124 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,089 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

Hey now! I didn't say she was "too old" ... just that she's older than the current actress in the show! :lol:

And soooo much better looking. If we are going to have, to quote Stuart Sweet, "eye candy", let's have some real "eye candy".

That said, I did understand your post. Just wanted another chance to mention Lucy Liu.

Cheers, Drew,

Rich

#125 OFFLINE   Hound

Hound

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

Gave up on Cavemen after the first episode. Still watching Journeyman, Cane
and Private Practice. Journeyman is the best new show.

#126 OFFLINE   waynebtx

waynebtx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationKingsville,Texas

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

Journeyman give up after watching first show.

Wayne

Slimline dish SWIM16
Sharp LC-60E78UN
HD-A30 w/ Harmony 880
HR34-700/AM21 w/ Harmony 880.
1 C31-700

HR44-200

HR24-100

H25-100

Marantz NR1603 A/V 7.1

All Wired Networked
Xbox 360
retired USN , retired Boeing, retired L3COM, just plain tired

#127 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

I read today that NBC has pulled the plug on Journeyman.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#128 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:24 PM

Journeyman give up after watching first show.

You missed a great series, I didn't care much for the first episode either, but it got really good and unfortunately canceled.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#129 OFFLINE   txtommy

txtommy

Icon

• Registered
  • 802 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Haven't seen most of those already commented on since the previews were enough to make me give up on them before they showed.
I have recently deleted from my To Do List:
CSI: Miami -- Just can't watch David Caruso any longer. I still watch CSI and CSI: New York.
Cane -- It has become just one huge soap opera. Too many interlaced stories that just never end.
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” -- Rogers Hornsby

spam firewall