Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I want Dtv to carry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 02:05 PM

HBO Comedy I Loved this channel on Digtial cable Now i dont have hbo comedy anymore please get rid of the 2 feeds of hbo family & get HBO Comedy
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 02:10 PM

Mike I agree about that....there are enough Family type channels on DTV...Id much rather see more premium movie channels and this would be a start.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   PWenger

PWenger

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 02:50 PM

Add Showtime Beyond, and I am with you all the way.

#4 Guest_t2_*

Guest_t2_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2003 - 06:53 PM

All premium channels. D is horrible in this regard. In addition, I want D to add more national, niche, sports, family, HD and international channels right away! I'ts high time for D management to quit waiting for a buyout and start competting w/ E for every channel!!!

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:04 AM

I disagree somewhat while its true they need to add on to the HBO/Showtime/Skinamax channels...Directv has enough family type channels...they already have all the sports they need.....who needs cricket?!!!....As far as international channels....again....who needs to compete with E* on that.....that crap would take up too much bandwith...Let Charlie bid for that crap. (what D* DEFINATELY doesnt need is more friggin shopping channels)
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:03 AM

Well.. Scott taunted us (grin) about two weeks ago with an 'imminent' announcement about something new for DTV...

Talk to us Scott! We won't hurt you! (much)

#7 OFFLINE   PhillyJimbo

PhillyJimbo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:51 AM

Originally posted by DCSholtis
who needs cricket

Hey!  I kind of like cricket.  In terms of other weird/non-American sports, I especially like Aussie Rules Football, Aussie Rugby League, Irish Hurling, and Gaelic Football!

#8 OFFLINE   ramcm7

ramcm7

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:14 AM

Another vote for cricket (as you might guess from my avatar, if you recognize him.) I am tracking and listening to the West Indies - New Zealand match of the Cricket World Cup right now. West Indies need to put on some more runs.

Also enjoy Aussie Rules. (Here's a hint to all of you: do not stay up to watch the Grand Final live from Melbourne if you live on the North American East Coast. It is almost as bad as the Super Bowl for pre-game blather and lip synched performances. I should have just UTV'd it and skipped through the crap.)

Love the Guinness Hurling ad. I have only seen it a few times on TV, long ago.

I prefer the Union form of Rugby. I started watching the Tri-Nations last year on Fox Sports World and now am hooked. I also enjoyed the Currie Cup and NZ NPC coverage, as well. Super 12 starts this month! Somehow, I don't think we will get New Zealand's Rugby Channel, but we can always hope!

#9 OFFLINE   ramcm7

ramcm7

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:20 AM

I was, and am again, hoping Murdoch gets DTV, in the hopes that channels like Sky Sports from the UK and sports channels from NZ, Australia and S.Africa. More Cricket, rugby, and AFL.

#10 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:58 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhh Scottttttttttttt where are you?!!!!!!!!:D
Dan Sholtis

#11 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:30 PM

He's ignoring us :crying:

#12 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 08:30 PM

Pssssssssttt Scott.....Charlie is on the phone...he wants the scoop about these Directv rumors.....seems he is getting a Directv system with a DirectPVR after apparently deciding that his own company's stuff is too buggy and will just leave those for his poor subs since the merger didnt happen..:rolling: :rotfl:

#13 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:56 PM

If he dosen't speak up soon, I'm gonna start putting his picture on milk cartons :bang

#14 OFFLINE   Directv&TivoGuy

Directv&TivoGuy

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 06:06 PM

HBO Comedy would be an awesome addition.

spam firewall