Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Will Dish carry The-N?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:51 AM

The N has a channel finder which shows it will be on Dish ch 169. No word on what becomes of the current daytime programming from ch 169. Maybe it moves to or replaces Gas.

My EPG shows channel 169 is NOG N. DishDVR Advantage.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

My EPG shows channel 169 is NOG N. DishDVR Advantage.

Just telling you what The N is saying. Today Ch 169 is Noggin during the day and The N at night. They're saying that on Dec 31, when The N gets its own channel 24/7, it will be on Ch 169.

#28 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

Nickelodeon will just replace the feed of GAS with a new feed of THE N. So every provider that currently carries GAS will have THE N on the same channel it is on now.

#29 OFFLINE   Lurker

Lurker

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

OK, getting conflicting stories here.

#30 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

Just telling you what The N is saying. Today Ch 169 is Noggin during the day and The N at night. They're saying that on Dec 31, when The N gets its own channel 24/7, it will be on Ch 169.

Well I'm just saying, that at 9:51AM Eastern, channel 169 is NOG N.

#31 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:24 AM

Well I'm just saying, that at 9:51AM Eastern, channel 169 is NOG N.

Yes it is.

On December 31st or January 1st, NOGGIN / THE N will be split apart into two 24 hour networks. NOGGIN will remain on the current feed, and THE N will take over the GAS feed. It is up to DISH and other cable / satellite providers (and any contracts with VIACOM) whether to provide the channel and what package to put it on.

#32 OFFLINE   mharvey816

mharvey816

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

Well, it looked good for a while, with the menu showing Noggin shows for the next week, but at about 15 after 6, the Franklin show got cut off and the feed switched to whatever they show on The N at this time. I hope it's just a matter of some idiot at D* pushing the wrong button for some stupid reason. (NickG is still NickG at the moment as well.)

#33 OFFLINE   Agent0042

Agent0042

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

I don't believe it! It was nine minutes, actually. Nine @#$! minutes of Franklin and the Turtle Lake Treasure, and suddenly, bam, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Somebody please tell me this is a bad dream. Please tell me there will still be a way to get Noggin on Dish Network.

I'm not even all that upset about Franklin, though I did want to see that movie. I can, and at this point, I think I probably am going to order it on DVD. But if Dish Network simply isn't carrying Noggin, then that's it. I've been a loyal Dish Network customer for years, but DirectTV carries both PBSKids Sprout and Noggin.

Crossing my fingers that this is a mistake and the feed gets switched back soon. I will also be e-mailing Dish Network / possibly calling them.

There's another airing of the Franklin movie at 9 eastern. Maybe if we're really lucky, it'll switch back before then.

Kenan & Kel is on right now, the only show on The N I really cared about. I'm not watching, though.

For what it's worth, the programming guide hasn't been updated. It's still showing the Noggin programming.

Edit: I just talked with Live Customer Support and here's the scoop. It seems Dish Network's decided not to go with the 24/7 feed. Instead, they're playing it as follows. From 6 A.M. to 6 P.M., they will continue to air Noggin as they have always done. From 6 P.M. to 6 A.M., they will switch over to the Noggin feed. Regarding the programming guide -- I was told that the information would be corrected by Wednesday.

I'm... disappointed, though I'm glad Noggin will at least still be on.

#34 OFFLINE   mharvey816

mharvey816

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

For what it's worth, the programming guide hasn't been updated. It's still showing the Noggin programming.

Edit: I just talked with Live Customer Support and here's the scoop. It seems Dish Network's decided not to go with the 24/7 feed. Instead, they're playing it as follows. From 6 A.M. to 6 P.M., they will continue to air Noggin as they have always done. From 6 P.M. to 6 A.M., they will switch over to the Noggin feed. Regarding the programming guide -- I was told that the information would be corrected by Wednesday.

It still doesn't make sense that the programming on the menu has been switched to all Noggin if that's what they were planning to do (i.e. continue a shared channel by brute force). This is bringing back bad memories of the old IFC/Romance Classics (WE) shared channel debacle....

#35 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

I don't believe it! It was nine minutes, actually. Nine @#$! minutes of Franklin and the Turtle Lake Treasure, and suddenly, bam, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Somebody please tell me this is a bad dream. Please tell me there will still be a way to get Noggin on Dish Network.

I'm not even all that upset about Franklin, though I did want to see that movie. I can, and at this point, I think I probably am going to order it on DVD. But if Dish Network simply isn't carrying Noggin, then that's it. I've been a loyal Dish Network customer for years, but DirectTV carries both PBSKids Sprout and Noggin.

Crossing my fingers that this is a mistake and the feed gets switched back soon. I will also be e-mailing Dish Network / possibly calling them.

There's another airing of the Franklin movie at 9 eastern. Maybe if we're really lucky, it'll switch back before then.

Kenan & Kel is on right now, the only show on The N I really cared about. I'm not watching, though.

Directv also as of today carries Noggin and The N 24/7 on separate channels.......
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#36 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:40 PM

the n replced ncik gas inemxico tv probviders also

#37 OFFLINE   Agent0042

Agent0042

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

It still doesn't make sense that the programming on the menu has been switched to all Noggin if that's what they were planning to do (i.e. continue a shared channel by brute force). This is bringing back bad memories of the old IFC/Romance Classics (WE) shared channel debacle....

m, I'm just going by what I was told, which was that what's happening with the programming guide is a mistake that is going to be corrected by Wednesday.

I agree, the whole thing is wild though.

Directv also as of today carries Noggin and The N 24/7 on separate channels.......

Yeah, and if Dish Network had dropped Noggin entirely, that would have been enough for me to switch. Since they are keeping 12 hours if it, though, I'm willing to live with it, though I intend to contact them and complain about it.

#38 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

Crappy GAS with their crappy game shows are still on. I am annoyed that we are not getting the N 24/7.
Current Dish Network Subscriber: March 7, 2005 - Now
Current XM Radio Subscriber: November 2002 - Now
Current RoadRunner Earthlink Cable Subscriber: November 2001 - Now
I finally upgrading to HDTV.
Cats are the best pets.

#39 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

dish shoudle ela e the n 24/7 fgreat cahnel im watchign ti righ now on cabelvison emxico

#40 OFFLINE   DBS Commando

DBS Commando

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

Crappy GAS with their crappy game shows are still on. I am annoyed that we are not getting the N 24/7.

I wouldn't get pissed until after the weekly uplink reports tomorrow afternoon.

Dish also has to change Court TV's name to TRU since they also switched on January 1st.

#41 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

The-N website had listed channel 169 as the new channel. Technically they are correct but so far E* is still splitting the channel, not carrying The-N 24/7.

That's better than nothing but it's creating a huge problem for anyone with a DVR. The guide is now all Noggin. The only way to check The-N schedule is online. Then you have to program manual timers to record anything.

I'll see what happens Wednesday before sending a complaint to E*. If they want to keep kids/tween programming in a block, maybe they could move Spike and put The-N on 168 full time. Spike always seemed out of place in that spot anyway.

#42 OFFLINE   juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

The N is coming january 31st!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_N

Cus thats when the price increase is;)

#43 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

I would not trust Wikipedia. They said that Dish Network had problems putting The-N on Channel 177. I was at 5:55 AM and had 177 on. At 6:00 AM they just went right on to their next game show on the crappy GAS Channel. There was no black screen or anything. The channel just continued like nothing has happened and it is still the same.

What I don't understand is if Nick GAS is off why does Dish Network still have programming on it. Also the Wikipedia article does not mention anything about January 31st.

Edit: According to this post http://www.the-n.com...order=&start=15 on the N boards that crappy Nick GAS is staying and the N will be time shared. I don't know what Dish's problem is.
Cats are the best pets.

#44 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,229 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

I don't see anything on the Wiki page that mentions January 31st ... although Wiki's are notorious for competitive editing.

Whatever is going on, Nickelodeon is participating in it. The content on channel 177 is coming from somewhere. E*'s EPG for 177 is complete through the next 9 days. It isn't the physical "Nick GaS feed is replaced by The-N" as predicted. Nickelodeon obviously has at least three feeds available - including the GaS feed.

Best guess would be a programming dispute (perhaps Nickelodeon wanting two 24/7 channels in AT200 instead of one shared channel for their Noggin/The-N programming - perhaps something deeper involving Nick HD). The present arrangement (with E* apparently switching between Noggin and The-N on 169 and continuing GaS on 177) is a "status quo" for E* viewers. The same programming that E* customers had on Friday continues.

#45 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

Could this be another Romance Classics/WE situation with Dish?
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#46 OFFLINE   Agent0042

Agent0042

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

I wouldn't trust Wikipedia either. I've had a lot of bad luck with questionable information from them, in the past. Of course, I generally wouldn't trust anything there without checking it, but oftentimes, after checking it, it turns out not to be true.

And yep, here we are. Status quo. It only figures. We'll just have to see how the situation develops.

What I don't understand is if Nick GAS is off why does Dish Network still have programming on it.

Yeah. That doesn't make sense to me, either. I can't see what's going on with it, myself, though, because I only subscribe to Top 200.

That's better than nothing but it's creating a huge problem for anyone with a DVR. The guide is now all Noggin. The only way to check The-N schedule is online. Then you have to program manual timers to record anything.

Well, I suppose you could program a timer for the Noggin show listed, instead, since you would be getting The N show that actually airs. I guess the problematic thing with that is that when the program guide does get updated, that timer would go away.

#47 OFFLINE   Gilitar

Gilitar

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

What is wrong with E*? What is so damn difficult about getting this done? Nick GaS is no more.... put N in the slot and move on. The way Dish is doing business lately is really starting to remind me of Sprint.

Complete lack of organization. :nono2:

#48 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,229 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

On the contrary ... Nickelodeon GaS chugs along on channel 177.
E* is NOT airing a slate saying "this channel is no longer available".
They are airing the channel that has been on that slot for years.

The report of the death of GaS is premature.

#49 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

I don't see anything on the Wiki page that mentions January 31st ... although Wiki's are notorious for competitive editing.

Whatever is going on, Nickelodeon is participating in it. The content on channel 177 is coming from somewhere. E*'s EPG for 177 is complete through the next 9 days. It isn't the physical "Nick GaS feed is replaced by The-N" as predicted. Nickelodeon obviously has at least three feeds available - including the GaS feed.

Best guess would be a programming dispute (perhaps Nickelodeon wanting two 24/7 channels in AT200 instead of one shared channel for their Noggin/The-N programming - perhaps something deeper involving Nick HD). The present arrangement (with E* apparently switching between Noggin and The-N on 169 and continuing GaS on 177) is a "status quo" for E* viewers. The same programming that E* customers had on Friday continues.

NickHD would be good, as George Lopez was filmed in HD. God I can't believe what I'm saying.:lol:

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#50 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

NickHD would be good, as George Lopez was filmed in HD. God I can't believe what I'm saying.

LOL. Although once in a while I do watch George Lopez when their is nothing on.
Cats are the best pets.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...