Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Will Dish carry The-N?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

N has some raunchy shows for a children/tween demo. Maybe Viacom should have put it in Showtime.

Wow talk about overreacting, stop being a drama queen will ya! I don't make it a habit of watching The N, but from what I have seen, it's not that bad. An episode of 7Th Heaven is 'raunchier' then programming on The N.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Lurker

Lurker

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

The N is currently on 119 and AT200. GAS is currently on 110 and AT250. I only receive 119 and AT200, and wish to continue receiving The N. Am I screwed?

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

E* may change the package placement of the channel, they may change the satellite location of the channel. In my opinion they are more likely to change the package location than the channel location (not much seems to be going TO 119°).

#24 OFFLINE   Raymie

Raymie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:14 PM

Yep...I'm surprised you don't even get 110!

Raymie | Proprietor, EKB News Monitor
Keep current with the News Monitor | Uplink Report Highlights, Recap of the Recap, and more
New: Retransmission consent disputes noticeboard

#25 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:10 AM

The N has a channel finder which shows it will be on Dish ch 169. No word on what becomes of the current daytime programming from ch 169. Maybe it moves to or replaces Gas.

#26 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:51 AM

The N has a channel finder which shows it will be on Dish ch 169. No word on what becomes of the current daytime programming from ch 169. Maybe it moves to or replaces Gas.

My EPG shows channel 169 is NOG N. DishDVR Advantage.

#27 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

My EPG shows channel 169 is NOG N. DishDVR Advantage.

Just telling you what The N is saying. Today Ch 169 is Noggin during the day and The N at night. They're saying that on Dec 31, when The N gets its own channel 24/7, it will be on Ch 169.

#28 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

Nickelodeon will just replace the feed of GAS with a new feed of THE N. So every provider that currently carries GAS will have THE N on the same channel it is on now.

#29 OFFLINE   Lurker

Lurker

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

OK, getting conflicting stories here.

#30 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

Just telling you what The N is saying. Today Ch 169 is Noggin during the day and The N at night. They're saying that on Dec 31, when The N gets its own channel 24/7, it will be on Ch 169.

Well I'm just saying, that at 9:51AM Eastern, channel 169 is NOG N.

#31 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:24 AM

Well I'm just saying, that at 9:51AM Eastern, channel 169 is NOG N.

Yes it is.

On December 31st or January 1st, NOGGIN / THE N will be split apart into two 24 hour networks. NOGGIN will remain on the current feed, and THE N will take over the GAS feed. It is up to DISH and other cable / satellite providers (and any contracts with VIACOM) whether to provide the channel and what package to put it on.

#32 OFFLINE   mharvey816

mharvey816

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

Well, it looked good for a while, with the menu showing Noggin shows for the next week, but at about 15 after 6, the Franklin show got cut off and the feed switched to whatever they show on The N at this time. I hope it's just a matter of some idiot at D* pushing the wrong button for some stupid reason. (NickG is still NickG at the moment as well.)

#33 OFFLINE   Agent0042

Agent0042

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

I don't believe it! It was nine minutes, actually. Nine @#$! minutes of Franklin and the Turtle Lake Treasure, and suddenly, bam, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Somebody please tell me this is a bad dream. Please tell me there will still be a way to get Noggin on Dish Network.

I'm not even all that upset about Franklin, though I did want to see that movie. I can, and at this point, I think I probably am going to order it on DVD. But if Dish Network simply isn't carrying Noggin, then that's it. I've been a loyal Dish Network customer for years, but DirectTV carries both PBSKids Sprout and Noggin.

Crossing my fingers that this is a mistake and the feed gets switched back soon. I will also be e-mailing Dish Network / possibly calling them.

There's another airing of the Franklin movie at 9 eastern. Maybe if we're really lucky, it'll switch back before then.

Kenan & Kel is on right now, the only show on The N I really cared about. I'm not watching, though.

For what it's worth, the programming guide hasn't been updated. It's still showing the Noggin programming.

Edit: I just talked with Live Customer Support and here's the scoop. It seems Dish Network's decided not to go with the 24/7 feed. Instead, they're playing it as follows. From 6 A.M. to 6 P.M., they will continue to air Noggin as they have always done. From 6 P.M. to 6 A.M., they will switch over to the Noggin feed. Regarding the programming guide -- I was told that the information would be corrected by Wednesday.

I'm... disappointed, though I'm glad Noggin will at least still be on.

#34 OFFLINE   mharvey816

mharvey816

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

For what it's worth, the programming guide hasn't been updated. It's still showing the Noggin programming.

Edit: I just talked with Live Customer Support and here's the scoop. It seems Dish Network's decided not to go with the 24/7 feed. Instead, they're playing it as follows. From 6 A.M. to 6 P.M., they will continue to air Noggin as they have always done. From 6 P.M. to 6 A.M., they will switch over to the Noggin feed. Regarding the programming guide -- I was told that the information would be corrected by Wednesday.

It still doesn't make sense that the programming on the menu has been switched to all Noggin if that's what they were planning to do (i.e. continue a shared channel by brute force). This is bringing back bad memories of the old IFC/Romance Classics (WE) shared channel debacle....

#35 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

I don't believe it! It was nine minutes, actually. Nine @#$! minutes of Franklin and the Turtle Lake Treasure, and suddenly, bam, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Somebody please tell me this is a bad dream. Please tell me there will still be a way to get Noggin on Dish Network.

I'm not even all that upset about Franklin, though I did want to see that movie. I can, and at this point, I think I probably am going to order it on DVD. But if Dish Network simply isn't carrying Noggin, then that's it. I've been a loyal Dish Network customer for years, but DirectTV carries both PBSKids Sprout and Noggin.

Crossing my fingers that this is a mistake and the feed gets switched back soon. I will also be e-mailing Dish Network / possibly calling them.

There's another airing of the Franklin movie at 9 eastern. Maybe if we're really lucky, it'll switch back before then.

Kenan & Kel is on right now, the only show on The N I really cared about. I'm not watching, though.

Directv also as of today carries Noggin and The N 24/7 on separate channels.......
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#36 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:40 PM

the n replced ncik gas inemxico tv probviders also

#37 OFFLINE   Agent0042

Agent0042

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

It still doesn't make sense that the programming on the menu has been switched to all Noggin if that's what they were planning to do (i.e. continue a shared channel by brute force). This is bringing back bad memories of the old IFC/Romance Classics (WE) shared channel debacle....

m, I'm just going by what I was told, which was that what's happening with the programming guide is a mistake that is going to be corrected by Wednesday.

I agree, the whole thing is wild though.

Directv also as of today carries Noggin and The N 24/7 on separate channels.......

Yeah, and if Dish Network had dropped Noggin entirely, that would have been enough for me to switch. Since they are keeping 12 hours if it, though, I'm willing to live with it, though I intend to contact them and complain about it.

#38 OFFLINE   reddice

reddice

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

Crappy GAS with their crappy game shows are still on. I am annoyed that we are not getting the N 24/7.
Current Dish Network Subscriber: March 7, 2005 - Now
Current XM Radio Subscriber: November 2002 - Now
Current RoadRunner Earthlink Cable Subscriber: November 2001 - Now
I finally upgrading to HDTV.
Cats are the best pets.

#39 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

dish shoudle ela e the n 24/7 fgreat cahnel im watchign ti righ now on cabelvison emxico

#40 OFFLINE   DBS Commando

DBS Commando

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

Crappy GAS with their crappy game shows are still on. I am annoyed that we are not getting the N 24/7.

I wouldn't get pissed until after the weekly uplink reports tomorrow afternoon.

Dish also has to change Court TV's name to TRU since they also switched on January 1st.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...