Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Classic Nickelodeon Channel

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

Who else wants a Classic nick channel? D* doesn't carry GAS but do you think they would carry a classic nick channel?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:19 AM

For those that do not know:

Nick GAS is history in two months. Viacom is killing the channel after 7 years and four months of existance. The first entry in the Dish Channel Chart changes list was Nick GAS being added to the line-up. :)

On December 31 (or Jan 1 - the article was vague) Noggin and "The N" will go 24/7 on separate channels at that time.
On Dish, Noggin will remain on channel 169. The N will be on channel 177 where GAS is now.

DirecTV will continue to carry a 24/7 feed of Noggin on the same channel it is available now. They were also EXPECTED (not details) to add "The N" at a later date.

That info is several months old.

See ya
Tony
See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#3 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:55 AM

For those that do not know:

Nick GAS is history in two months. Viacom is killing the channel after 7 years and four months of existance. The first entry in the Dish Channel Chart changes list was Nick GAS being added to the line-up. :)

On December 31 (or Jan 1 - the article was vague) Noggin and "The N" will go 24/7 on separate channels at that time.
On Dish, Noggin will remain on channel 169. The N will be on channel 177 where GAS is now.

DirecTV will continue to carry a 24/7 feed of Noggin on the same channel it is available now. They were also EXPECTED (not details) to add "The N" at a later date.

That info is several months old.

See ya
Tony
See ya
Tony

I knew that. I just wanted to know if anyone wanted a classic nick channel. Not to replace GAS but a separate channel and if D* would be interested in carrying it.

#4 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:18 AM

Nick/D* both announced that The N would be carried on D* at launch (12/31). I'm not sure on the location, but a little birdie suggested it would be on channel 303. No word from anyone on an HD feed -- yet.
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#5 OFFLINE   Shadow

Shadow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:33 AM

I think a classic Nick channel would be awsome

#6 OFFLINE   cb7214

cb7214

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:46 AM

I loved all the old shows on Nick-At Nite, Car 54, Donna Reed, Make Room For Daddy, F-Troop, My 3 Sons, Mr Ed, etc. And the old cartoons, You Can't Do That On Television, Double Dare, the original, Turkey TV
Directv Subscriber since 1999

XM Subscriber since June 2005

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,902 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:48 AM

What are we talking about here, reruns of "You Can't Do That on Television"?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

And DANGERMOUSE!

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#9 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:54 AM

What are we talking about here, reruns of "You Can't Do That on Television"?

That was my question too. I wouldn't mind seeing some old Nick produced shows. All That, Clarissa Explains It All and some of the game shows. I remember one that was hosted by Summer Sanders that I would watch because she was hot, but I can't remember the name of it. I don't think it would warrant it's own network, but I would watch them again if they showed them.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
XBOX Live Gamertag: Snoofie71
Samsung 50" DLP

#10 OFFLINE   Redlinetire

Redlinetire

Icon

• Registered
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:10 PM

So does this mean that Nick at Nite is going bye-bye?

Guess one more channel to take off my favorites...
TiVo Series3 --> Toshiba 34HFX83 (CRT)

#11 OFFLINE   RVD26

RVD26

Godfather

• Registered
  • 356 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

Yes, I too would love a classic Nickelodeon channel
Clarrisa Explains it All, Doug, Pete and Pete, etc
Here's a link to a site devoted to those shows
I never really liked the GAS channel though
However, don't hold your breath on a classic Nick channel coming anytime soon
They seem to be skewing to a younger and younger audience
Now "Home Improvement" is considered as an "old" show :nono2:
It would be nice if they at least put out these shows on DVD

#12 OFFLINE   Marvin

Marvin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

In regards to Nick at Nite skewing younger..I would assume thats why you have TV Land, but Ive noticed thats going the same path as well so..

#13 OFFLINE   CJTE

CJTE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:31 PM

That was my question too. I wouldn't mind seeing some old Nick produced shows. All That, Clarissa Explains It All and some of the game shows. I remember one that was hosted by Summer Sanders that I would watch because she was hot, but I can't remember the name of it. I don't think it would warrant it's own network, but I would watch them again if they showed them.

Haha! I remember all those darn shows. I loved Clarissa Explains it All (only god knows why). And the name summer sanders hit me like a brick to the forehead... I think you're talking about Figure It Out but im not completely certain (because hell I dont remember it either)

#14 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

I would love a Classic Nick channel, what would be cool is if they even stuck to the programming format. Snick on Saturday nights, the original Nicktoons on Sunday mornings starting at 9AM. 'Stay tuned for Nicktoons, Rugrats, Rocko, Real Monsters and the only Nicktoon that doesn't start with an R, Doug coming up next here on Nick.' I'm 22 and grew up with some quality shows. Hey Dude, Solute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Round House, Welcome Freshman, the original Double Dare, What Would You Do, Wienerville, Pete & Pete. Sadly today, no child will know Camp Counselor Ugh or Artie The Strongest man in the World,they'll never be a part of the Midnight Society or see a pie in the face. Instead it's Sponge Bob and the brat relatives of Julia Roberts and Brittney Spears headlining Nick these days.

I used to also enjoy watching Alvin & The Chipmunks and one of the greatest cartoons ever, The Adventures of TinTin, both non Nick productions. The Chipmunks appeared on Cartoon Network briefly a few years ago and TinTin used to be on HBO. If I see them on Nicktoons Network, I'll still to this day catch episodes of Rockos Modern Life, the original 52 episodes of Rugrats and Hey Arnold.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#15 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

I loved all the old shows on Nick-At Nite, Car 54, Donna Reed, Make Room For Daddy, F-Troop, My 3 Sons, Mr Ed, etc. And the old cartoons, You Can't Do That On Television, Double Dare, the original, Turkey TV

Those are true TV CLASSICS. Both TVLAND & Nick at Night carries junk like Fresh Prnce. Last year TVLAND had a That Girl marathon for 24 hours and never aired it again. What's up with that??

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#16 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Those are true TV CLASSICS. Both TVLAND & Nick at Night carries junk like Fresh Prnce. Last year TVLAND had a That Girl marathon for 24 hours and never aired it again. What's up with that??

I gave up on TV Land when they dropped DICK VAN DYKE. :(
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

#17 OFFLINE   SDizzle

SDizzle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

TV Land should be designated for the older shows like Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith and those old classics. Use Nick at Night for Fresh Prince, Roseanne, Home Improvement, etc......
HR34-700 (1), HR23-700 (1), HR22-100 (1), HR20-700 (1), HR21-700 (1), HR21-100 (1)
Running a SWM16 with DECA
Retired: HR20-700 (1), HR10-250 (1), R10 (1), DTivo DSR-704 (1), D-10 (4), D-11 (4), R15-500 (4)

#18 OFFLINE   katzeye

katzeye

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

I am happy to report that the single most transcendent show from those days "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" is on DVD and it holds up quite nicely. It really was the perfect show for kids or adults.
An old nick channel would be great, actually the idea of channels of old programming in general seems like a great idea, and not the 10 years back that seems to populate nick at night.

#19 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

I'm happy so many others feel the same way. I wish there was something I could do to get Nickelodeon to create another channel. If anyone has a unique new idea on how to go about getting Nickelodeon to do this besides petitions and mailing them please let me know.

#20 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

I would love to see TVLand go back to its old programming. My young kids have never seen any of the old shows that were pretty good. Now, you have to say something crude and obnoxious to make you think you're funny.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...