Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN Wisconsin HD (642-1)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

Discussion thread for FSN Wisconsin Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

The list of Launched Channels,
Troubleshooting Tips for the New HD Channels.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

Whoo Whooo!

Hope there is something on it once and a while!!!:lol:

#3 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

This post does not pertain at all to 642-1, but on 642 tomorrow starting at 10 am the Wisconsin HS football tournament is now scheduled in the DIRECTV guide. Division 7-4 run all day until about 10pm and Div 3-1 are Friday 10am to 6pm.

If you check the channel at any time during those times look for me on the sidelines. I will be wearing a blue parka, and carrying a Canon camera. :)

#4 OFFLINE   crendall

crendall

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

Last night on my HR20 I was able to tune to 642-1 and watch the Bucks in HD. On my H20-100 I see the 642-1 channel but when I tuned to it during the Bucks game I just get a gray screen and the on-screen guide doesn't list the Bucks game, just the generic "upcoming programming" text. Why wouldn't this one channel come in? I haven't had any issues with any of the other HD channels.

#5 OFFLINE   primetime

primetime

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

So there was actually something on 642-1?

I have an HR20 but have yet to see anything except the upcomming program text message. I didn't check last night but I know a few of the other Bucks broadcasts on 642 have resulted in nothing on 642-1 for me.

I really hope D* starts broadcasting FSN WI full time next year when the new satellite goes up. Any ideas on FSN WI televising more Brewer games in HD next year?

#6 OFFLINE   crendall

crendall

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

Bucks Schedule

This link lists which Bucks games are in HD. The next one is Saturday night. I've been emailing DirecTV every month to add FSN WI. Hopefully after DirecTV 11 is launched they will finally add FSN WI fulltime.

I don't know if there are more Brewer games in HD next season, but any that are in HD on FSN will now be able to see.

#7 OFFLINE   primetime

primetime

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:24 PM

Nice link to the schedule.

I was surprised mainly because when I tried searching the channel it never came up with anything. It must have populated the guide after I searched on 642-1.

I hope FSN broadcasts all the games in HD next year. I haven't heard if they bought HD equipment yet or not for their own broadcasts but I would hope with higher level of interest in the Brewers and proliferation of HD sets they would upgrade by next year.

#8 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:30 PM

I just found this link, and I am SO HAPPY!!!

#9 OFFLINE   MuskegoNinja

MuskegoNinja

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

I just had D* installed on Saturday and I'm loving it! The one thing I do miss is our local CBS in HD. Does any fellow Wisconsinite know if there is a plan to add that soon?

#10 OFFLINE   ronhocker

ronhocker

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

Without the sports pack, will I get brewers games in HD on FSNWI-HD? I live in Milwaukee.

#11 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

again, you get both 641 which is the Minnesota feed of FSN NORTH and then you will get the Brewers and Bucks on 642, but you may or may not get the Marquette games that are locally televised .. Why? Because you get the MINNESOTA FEED on 641.

that's right Directv DOES NOT GIVE FSN- WISCONSIN full time. why? because they don't want to. or spend the money to do so.

But they do tell you that you are getting your "local teams" in every advertisement on radio and TV. and this too, is a LIE.

and again check out :http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=127768

and read some of Scott72's problems.

Oh and Directv, I hope that you are listening.

#12 OFFLINE   aa9vi

aa9vi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

again, you get both 641 which is the Minnesota feed of FSN NORTH and then you will get the Brewers and Bucks on 642, but you may or may not get the Marquette games that are locally televised .. Why? Because you get the MINNESOTA FEED on 641.

that's right Directv DOES NOT GIVE FSN- WISCONSIN full time. why? because they don't want to. or spend the money to do so.

But they do tell you that you are getting your "local teams" in every advertisement on radio and TV. and this too, is a LIE.

and again check out :http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=127768

and read some of Scott72's problems.

Oh and Directv, I hope that you are listening.

Is it possible that FSN WI is really just FSN North with Brewers/Bucks and a little more local programming once in a while like Badger stuff? Is FSN WI on cable really a full time single WI channel or is it just a part time Wisc. pro/college station and FSN North to fill in the rest? If that's true, DTV is giving you the entire channel plus a little more with the 1 1/2 channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...