Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN Discussion: FSN Utah HD (646-1)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

I don't have an OTA HD antenna. All I have is my Directv...

Hopefully Directv will have KJZZ in HD soon.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Bad news guys... I sent the following email to info@kjzz.com today:

"So I heard that Jazz games will be broadcast in HD on KJZZ now. Will they be in HD on Directv? What do I have to do to get KJZZ in HD on Directv?

Thanks."

I later received the following reply:

"You will have to tell Direct TV to give us an HD channel. So far they say they are not going to do it.

Bob Quigley
Director of Programming
KJZZ-TV
5181 Amelia Earhart Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116

(801) 238-6303 - Office
(801) 238-6414 - Fax
(801) 209-6763 - Cell

bquigley@kjzz.com "

I don't know who we need to contact at Directv, but we need to get a campaign going. It's almost the playoffs and we won't have KJZZ in HD! BTW- Comcast is supposedly already carrying it and their customers will be watching the Jazz in HD on KJZZ starting tonight...

Who can we hound at Directv?

#23 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

So that channel is a LIL channel.... you will probably get it someday, but I wouldn't bet on it for this years playoffs......Hopefully most of the games will also be broadcast on a national channel and you will be able to pick up their games in hd that way. (tnt and espn are goring to broadcast a lot of games) Or, can you put up an antenna?

#24 OFFLINE   jutley

jutley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

I'd go pick up a cheap OTA antenna and see how it works. I am 30 miles or so from the broadcast towers and I get the OTA digital channels great with an antenna in my attic. I can only get 1 or 2 of them in analog, but he digital comes in great.
--Justin

SWiM3 Dish - (2) HR20-700s - (1) R16-300

My Setup

#25 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Yeah I'm going to buy some cheap rabbit ears on my way home and hopefully that will work for now...

#26 OFFLINE   gwar28

gwar28

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Tonights game said they will be available in HD OTA for the playoffs. Awesome! Freaking! Awesome!

#27 OFFLINE   BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

Legend

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, KJZZ is officially in HD now. It's channel 657 on Comcast (the KJZZ HD channel).

I set up the rabbit ears and got the OTA feed last night, but hopefully Directv will pick it up and give us an HD channel.

It doesn't really make a difference when I'm at home, but if I'm out in the middle of the desert in my motorhome I want to be able to watch the Jazz in HD...

#28 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

do we really want to see jerry's antics in HD?
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#29 OFFLINE   gwar28

gwar28

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

It says I am 19 miles away from the receivers. I live downtown SLC. What antenna do you guys think would be best?

#30 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

It says I am 19 miles away from the receivers. I live downtown SLC. What antenna do you guys think would be best?

I would think any would work. you are so close.
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#31 OFFLINE   mattgwyther

mattgwyther

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

FSN-UT is broadcasting 60 of the 82 Utah Jazz games this year.

Has anyone since how many of these will be HD? I saw a press release from last year stating they were aiming to broadcast all Jazz games in HD after KJZZ when HD in April. Anyone find an update?

#32 OFFLINE   paradise_theater

paradise_theater

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

FSN-UT is broadcasting 60 of the 82 Utah Jazz games this year.

Has anyone since how many of these will be HD? I saw a press release from last year stating they were aiming to broadcast all Jazz games in HD after KJZZ when HD in April. Anyone find an update?

The only thing the Jazz have released so far is on their website at www [dot] nba [dot] com/jazz/schedule/2008_09_jazz_tvschedule [dot] html and it states only that the HD games will be released at a later date. I hope they are all in HD, but after reading a little about FSN HD last year, it was mentioned that only 10 games or so from each team on each FSN feed would be in HD. But that was last year. I believe FSN Utah only showed 3 Jazz games last year in HD.

#33 OFFLINE   allami38

allami38

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

hi pleas I like to know how to get the fsn utah in the satellites what the dish point
thank you:nono:

spam firewall