Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Couple of DirecTivo Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shana

Shana

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:49 PM

I am a proud new owner of DirecTivo, loving it so far just trying to get used to it being so different (and nicer) than my old RCA receiver.

When recording two shows, do you have to watch one of them or can you watch another station while they record?  I was trying to record two shows the other night and was wanting to watch another show but wasn't able to figure out how to do that.

Also, how do you get it to not have so many suggestions?  Does it automatically record the suggestions if space available?

Thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Halfsek

Halfsek

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:02 PM

If you're recording two different shows you cannot watch a third new show. You can only watch a prerecorded show that's on your hard drive.

Remembering from my stand alone Tivo, there is a preferences option which you can tell the Tivo to turn on or off it's suggestions. I assume it's the same with the DirecTivo.

#3 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:05 PM

Yes you can turn suggestions on and off. They will be deleted if you run out of room. My TiVo thinks I like Mexican Soap Operas and most any movie on Oxygen... :bang

#4 OFFLINE   Shana

Shana

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:12 PM

groovy, I knew there was something else you can watch while recording

ha ha I'm pretty surprised at some of the things "it" thinks I will want to watch

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:58 PM

Originally posted by James_F
Yes you can turn suggestions on and off. They will be deleted if you run out of room. My TiVo thinks I like Mexican Soap Operas and most any movie on Oxygen... :bang

:rolling:

#6 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:47 PM

Check out the TiVo Forum. A wealth of knowledge !
DirecTV HR21
DirecTV HR10-250 (30hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (140hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (107hr)

#7 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:15 PM

You cannot record two shows live while watching another one because it requires two seperate tuners to record those two shows and in order to watch another one it would require a third tuner. Being able to watch a show while two are recording does not use a tuner but the hard drive to retrieve the show from.

spam firewall