Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV Messes up Hockey Night in Canada AGAIN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bosco10021

bosco10021

Icon

• Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

It seems like every week the HNIC broadcasts are repeats of the famous NFL / NBC "Heidi game"....

Heidi Game:
In American football, the Heidi Game (also sometimes called the Heidi Bowl) refers to a famous 1968 American Football League (AFL) game between the New York Jets and the Oakland Raiders, played on November 17 in Oakland, California.

With the Jets leading 32-29 with only 65 seconds left in the game, the Raiders quickly scored 14 points to win, 43-32. Meanwhile, millions of American television viewers were unable to see Oakland's comeback. The NBC television network cut off the live broadcast in favor of a pre-scheduled airing of Heidi, a new made-for-TV version of the classic children's story.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Heidi_Game

Let's get it together Directv.

We shouldn't have to keep discussing this problem every week.

Like I said before I should be getting the complete game for $169.

Could you imagine if this happened every week with the NFL games !

Well I guess this is why they make newspapers...to find out who won the game the next day after Directv screws up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   joebbaseball

joebbaseball

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

I just lost the last 10 minutes of the Hawks game. The supervisor didn't know why. I also complained that I couldn;t view the Chicago feed on 640 and he said I shouldn't ever be able to do that. I should only see the CI channels. I told himI have watched the regional sports network games with CI without the sportspack. He told me that was impossible. This is so frustrating!

Hey man,
I give you credit for calling... there is no way I'd call tonight without blowing a gasket. Its amazing how someone with the title call service rep. has no clue what they are doing. I was thinking about emailing, I don't have enough canned responses in my inbox.

#23 OFFLINE   keep amonte

keep amonte

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

Thank god for internet radio feeds Shootout in progress!
GO BLACKHAWKS!!!
GO IRISH!!!

#24 OFFLINE   Billsfan69

Billsfan69

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

I just lost the last 10 minutes of the Hawks game. The supervisor didn't know why. I also complained that I couldn;t view the Chicago feed on 640 and he said I shouldn't ever be able to do that. I should only see the CI channels. I told himI have watched the regional sports network games with CI without the sportspack. He told me that was impossible. This is so frustrating!

Don't worry. You can't watch them half the time with the aportspack.

#25 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:15 AM

It's funny how you don't get the same 'DirecTV is doing the best it can, blah, blah, blah' defense on this issue the way we do with football.

I guess because there isn't some tech issue to hide behind, one has to realize it is just DirecTV doing a bad job...yet again.

#26 OFFLINE   perilous

perilous

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:47 AM

Sorry to hear the problems continue.....PLEASE SatRacer, get to the bottom of this once and for all (and pretty please get HNIC in HD as a Xmas gift!!??!!).

#27 OFFLINE   MrBill64

MrBill64

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:37 AM

Could we get this thread made into a sticky. It seems appropiate. ;)

Bill

#28 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:59 AM

I propose a single NBA/NHL thread. Our basketball friends are having exactl

#29 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

I propose a single NBA/NHL thread. Our basketball friends are having exactl

I agree with wilbur_the_goose. I am a CI, ST MLEI, and LP pass guy, and have been experiencing the same problems as everyone. I think it’s a good idea.

However, I feel it would be a lot more effective if we present the issues in a clear & uniform fashion, without any of these emotional, cheesy, degrading slaps towards Direct TV. (i.e. the newly defunct rabi)
  • We all know there are still authorization issues with both LP and CI.
  • We all know it’s difficult to convey these situations to CSR’s.
  • I doubt there is one high school kid making six bucks an hour flipping the switch that cuts off access to 15 million viewers early. The issue is probably a little more complex than that.
Obviously for many, we’ll still need a ‘venting’ thread or two, but maybe we could start a thread that is purely informational that's available for someone at DirecTV to easily read and research. If we just report the package type, (CI or LP) date / time, channel, match up and zip code of games we feel are incorrectly sending a 727 it probably would be much easier for those on DirecTV’s side to research, instead of slogging through pages of drivel to find actual issues. Plus, it’s ammo for us, the user, to have stored up in one tidy place. I think there’s a lot of good information that we could provide that could be helpful. I also think there is still a lot all of us could learn as well in regards to what DirecTV can, and is actually trying to provide to us. Let’s just try to do it in a way that is concise and useful

Ideas?

#30 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

Could we get this thread made into a sticky. It seems appropiate. ;)

Bill

And can we get the 3 threads talking about the NHLCI merged into 1 so we don't have so many threads talking about the same thing? :)

#31 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

And can we get the 3 threads talking about the NHLCI merged into 1 so we don't have so many threads talking about the same thing? :)

Many of us have asked for the Moderators to open a sticky on all of the NHLCI issues but this they don't seem disposed to do.

All these threads are an indication of just how frustrated hockey fans are right now. When you have frustrated people who are not getting many answers you get venting.

#32 OFFLINE   311Man

311Man

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:02 AM

D* response to this issue that I received via email -

Thanks for writing in about the Oilers vs. Blackhawks game on 11/24/07. I see that you have been us since XXXX and I want you to know that we appreciate your business. I’m very sorry that you were not able to view the end of the game on NHL CENTER ICE and I would be happy to help address your concerns.

I personally researched this issue and found that technical issues caused the channel to go to a black screen prematurely. I understand your frustration over having missed the end of a game and I apologize. Issues like these are rare and we are taking steps to prevent outages like this from happening in the future.

Thanks again for writing and I thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

#33 OFFLINE   perilous

perilous

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:05 PM

I agree with wilbur_the_goose. I am a CI, ST MLEI, and LP pass guy, and have been experiencing the same problems as everyone. I think it’s a good idea.

However, I feel it would be a lot more effective if we present the issues in a clear & uniform fashion, without any of these emotional, cheesy, degrading slaps towards Direct TV. (i.e. the newly defunct rabi)

• We all know there are still authorization issues with both LP and CI.
  • We all know it’s difficult to convey these situations to CSR’s.
  • I doubt there is one high school kid making six bucks an hour flipping the switch that cuts off access to 15 million viewers early. The issue is probably a little more complex than that.
Obviously for many, we’ll still need a ‘venting’ thread or two, but maybe we could start a thread that is purely informational that's available for someone at DirecTV to easily read and research. If we just report the package type, (CI or LP) date / time, channel, match up and zip code of games we feel are incorrectly sending a 727 it probably would be much easier for those on DirecTV’s side to research, instead of slogging through pages of drivel to find actual issues. Plus, it’s ammo for us, the user, to have stored up in one tidy place. I think there’s a lot of good information that we could provide that could be helpful. I also think there is still a lot all of us could learn as well in regards to what DirecTV can, and is actually trying to provide to us. Let’s just try to do it in a way that is concise and useful

Ideas?

+1!!!

#34 OFFLINE   perilous

perilous

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

-1!!!! Don't read them then.....:confused: As suggested ad nauseum since the season started, create a sticky.....

#35 OFFLINE   MrBill64

MrBill64

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

Just bringing this to the top as D* has screwed up HNIC again. I am thinking they will never get it right.

Bill

#36 OFFLINE   bbq-allstar

bbq-allstar

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

Just bringing this to the top as D* has screwed up HNIC again. I am thinking they will never get it right.

Bill

+1

What a joke this is...:beatdeadhorse:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...