Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Frank TV

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jfeheley

jfeheley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

Frank TV was in stretch o vision. I turned it off after 5 minutes and cancelled my season pass.

Jerry

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   msw323

msw323

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

Really?

Not on my system. It was full HD for me.Funny Show too!:D

#3 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

It was also stretched for me. Odd because at the very beginning it said "in high definition where available". Also, they had a preview earlier in the week and the Clinton sketch was shown in HD, but the same sketch on the show was stretched. The comedy special he did and the Ellen variety show were both shown in HD this week so I don't know why they didn't show Frank TV in HD.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
XBOX Live Gamertag: Snoofie71
Samsung 50" DLP

#4 OFFLINE   jfeheley

jfeheley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

Really?

Wow.. that's funny. We're both in Arizona. It was difinately stretched on my set.

.. and what Snoofie said about some HD and some not happened exactly that way to me.

#5 OFFLINE   richiephx

richiephx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

Really?

I guess you are the exception...is your receiver connected to your tv with a s-video cable too? :)
TNT: WE KNOW INTERRUPTIONS
TBS: TURNER BROADCASTING SUCKS
NBC: NATIONAL BOREDCASTING COMPANY

#6 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

Stretched for me also, when they panned in the living room you could actually see the size of the furniture change less stretched as it got towards the mid screen and then stretch out as it panned off.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#7 OFFLINE   Kenkong586

Kenkong586

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

Stretched for me also, when they panned in the living room you could actually see the size of the furniture change less stretched as it got towards the mid screen and then stretch out as it panned off.

Yeah, I noticed that to, a weird "wave" effect on my end, but funny none the less. The Seinfeld skit was great, all the characters were dead on.

#8 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• 520 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

And, Frank Caliendo was all over the radio the past few weeks and he made several mentions to the fact that they were recording Frank TV in HD. TBS just screwed it up somehow.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
Samsung 50" DLP

#9 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

Some idiot forgot to turn off the stretch machine when that show came on. :lol:
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#10 OFFLINE   chris0

chris0

Godfather

• Registered
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

It was a weird stretch-o-vision for me. And I didn't think it was that funny. He's amazingly talented, his Bush, Barkley and Madden are absolutely spot on. His Cheney sucked and his Clinton was OK. I'm going to give it one more week before I cancel my series link.

btw, someone needs to do Gordon Ramsey. I think that could be pretty funny. He's so ripe for caricature.

#11 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• 520 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

btw, someone needs to do Gordon Ramsey. I think that could be pretty funny. He's so ripe for caricature.

He already is a caricature. He has said before that he only acts that way because that is what American audiences want to see.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
Samsung 50" DLP

#12 OFFLINE   txtommy

txtommy

Icon

• Registered
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

And, Frank Caliendo was all over the radio the past few weeks and he made several mentions to the fact that they were recording Frank TV in HD. TBS just screwed it up somehow.

Must have something to do with your setup. It was in full HD on my TV. Full screen with no distortion whatsoever. I'm connected HDMI to a 50" Panasonic Plasma.

And the show was very funny....
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” -- Rogers Hornsby

#13 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:15 PM

He already is a caricature. He has said before that he only acts that way because that is what American audiences want to see.

Don't know about that, I've watched some of his BBC version and he acts the same there.

#14 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• 520 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

Must have something to do with your setup. It was in full HD on my TV. Full screen with no distortion whatsoever. I'm connected HDMI to a 50" Panasonic Plasma.

And the show was very funny....

Unless you have a super special de-stretching setting on your TV, then I can only guess that you watch TNT and TBS all the time and are immune to the stretching that they do for their programs. It was not my set-up and was definitely not broadcast in HD. Anyways, I just hope they have it fixed for next week's broadcast for those of us without super non-stretching TV's.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
Samsung 50" DLP

#15 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• 520 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

Don't know about that, I've watched some of his BBC version and he acts the same there.

Never seen the BBC version and, honestly, never watched the American versions. Just seen promos of him yelling, cussing, spitting, throwing, etc. You know, normal British stuff.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
Samsung 50" DLP

#16 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:12 PM

Never seen the BBC version and, honestly, never watched the American versions. Just seen promos of him yelling, cussing, spitting, throwing, etc. You know, normal British stuff.

Yep, that's what he does, there's a lot of 'bleeping' done on both shows for his language.

#17 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,170 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Caliendo is one hell of an impressionist. He's very good at what he does, and I enjoy his individual impressions. Having said this, I found only a few parts of his show even remotely entertaining.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#18 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Caliendo is one hell of an impressionist. He's very good at what he does, and I enjoy his individual impressions. Having said this, I found only a few parts of his show even remotely entertaining.

I agree with you. He does great on the radio for brief periods, but it wears quickly. Also, was that a laugh-track they were using or live...whichever it was too loud.

He's a funny, talented guy...but not sure he can carry a regular weekly show.

#19 OFFLINE   jfeheley

jfeheley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

I gave Frank TV another chance last night, Tues. Nov. 27. The guide said HD but it was still in streach o vision. I don't watch anything in streach o vision.

Jerry

#20 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

I gave Frank TV another chance last night, Tues. Nov. 27. The guide said HD but it was still in streach o vision. I don't watch anything in streach o vision.

Jerry

It looked like the worst streach o vision I have seen and the lip sync is wrong

spam firewall