Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

OLD 1000s

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 07:42 AM

I friend has a old 1000 that has been offline for years. Since then 110 was activated. If he runs switch test it errors out. 110 does not show up on his signal strength screen. Anyone know how to get him working? 61.5, 148. and 119 are available as choices.
I am sure I once knew how this worked but have forgotten.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 10:21 AM

You might try hooking it up directly to dish and download the current software. I don't know if that is the problem but it might help.

Kevin

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 11:21 AM

That would be my suggestion. Hook up the receiver to 119 and let it receive the latest software. The only other thing I could think of is that maybe the 1000 doesn't have the memory to handle having 110 added to it's internal table.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 02:05 PM

Thanks I will hang it on 110 tonight. Hope it gets it working.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 05:16 PM

Do you have a switch hooked up to it? I thought that the model 1000 could only drive a +12 volt relay switch, controlled by its accessory port. I would therefore expect to see an error message if it were connecter to a newer 22Kz tone, DiSEqC, or DISH proprietary switch.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 05:43 PM

Mike
The Model 1000 can use any dish switch. It just cannot do cascaded switches.

Bob
Let us know if that solves your problem.

Kevin

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 06:03 PM

Kevens right you just need to force the 1000 to do a s/w upgrade, the Dish500 work with the 1000, since when it came out Charlie said the Dish500 would work with all E* IRDs. FYI- Current s/w version for the 1000 is 702.

spam firewall