Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Resume Gone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DaddyDuke

DaddyDuke

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:48 AM

Has anyone notice we have lost the "Resume" on our Local Channels, if you switch to a live show and then come back to watch the rest of your recorded show you have to start over :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:52 AM

Was the show that you returning to being recorded at the time you where first watching it? If so, this is current behavior and something we have requested to be changed. It is the same with Sat.

If are watching something live and then switch to a another program. When you go back to the recording show it does not retain the location you were at.

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details. I personally have not seen this as generic behavior with OTA.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   DaddyDuke

DaddyDuke

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

Was the show that you returning to being recorded at the time you where first watching it? If so, this is current behavior and something we have requested to be changed. It is the same with Sat.

If are watching something live and then switch to a another program. When you go back to the recording show it does not retain the location you were at.

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details. I personally have not seen this as generic behavior with OTA.

Good Point Ron, I will do some more recording and see what happens, I went back to a recording we did on 60 min about The Eagles and I noticed that there was a "Resume" on the recording so I will try what you are sugguesting above and see if that is when the "Resume" disappears, glad you have address this,
Thanks Again Ron
Duke

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:46 AM

Well it is what I think it is.. It is definitely what one would call a quark in box. I would place this on my top 5 issues I would like to see addressed. The other one would be sticky pause on recorded shows when doing PIP swap.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#5 OFFLINE   Shield

Shield

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:37 AM

+1 - I just got the HR-21 today and was recording a NBA game (3.5 hours) and browsing live TV when the game hit commercials. Every time I switched back to the game the "resume" didn't "resume".

Once the live recording was finished, it worked as advertised. This is a HUGE problem though; I like to watch sports about 1/2 hour behind - it's worthless to wait until the next day because I'll read the final score online.

Between this and the horrible way to use the 15 minute "tick" and the poor slow motion interface, the box is ok.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

Umm.. You do know this is a Dish forum, right? The HR-21 is a DirecTV receiver.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#7 OFFLINE   Shield

Shield

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

Umm.. You do know this is a Dish forum, right? The HR-21 is a DirecTV receiver.

:lol: sorry I guess both companies' DVR have problems....

Sorry, wrong forum..

#8 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

:lol: sorry I guess both companies' DVR have problems....

Sorry, wrong forum..

No problems... I was just getting confused and wondering if we were actually talking about a Dish receiver problem or not. I haven't seen this particular problem on my receiver, but then again I don't know if I actually tested the specific case the original poster is talking about.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...