Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

XM Channels :: XM Liquid Metal XL . . . W O W !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

I haven't done much with the XM stations, but figured I'd check them out this afternoon. Man is this channel hot or what? I may have to get this for my car just because of this one channel. It really hits the spot after a hard day at the office.

How many folks listen to the XM stations? Do you also have this in your vehicle too? What the [censored] have I been missing?
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jmcdolej

jmcdolej

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

I put it on Xm when I have people over playing cards and other people are playing the Wii, it is nice. I love it in my car though.

#3 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Have you tried it with photos from media sharing?
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#4 OFFLINE   Hoxxx

Hoxxx

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

I haven't done much with the XM stations, but figured I'd check them out this afternoon. Man is this channel hot or what? I may have to get this for my car just because of this one channel. It really hits the spot after a hard day at the office.

How many folks listen to the XM stations? Do you also have this in your vehicle too? What the [censored] have I been missing?

I have 5 XM radios. I gave up on talk radio FM and AM years ago.about the only thing I listen to local is sports and thats it.

I couldnt even tell you who the Local DJ's are anymore and I don't care.
1:HR20 with a eSATA-750 gb, 1:HR20, 3:H20's,
Samsung 56" DLP HLT5689S,
Samsung 32" LCD LNR328W,
Sharp 20" LCD LC-20SH20U,
Polaroid 17" LCD FLM-1511,
Magnavox 15" LCD
Playstation 3, XBOX 360,
Toshiba HD-XA2, Onkyo TX-SR606, Mirage Sound System with Sub, (((XM))) Sub since 3/6/2003,
Using 1 MyFi's, and a Lucerne with Factory XM

#5 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

I think that goes without saying if you changed over. It seems, listening, that the quality of programming is pretty [censored] good! How long did it take you before you were entirely seperated from the local scene, via the local stations?
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#6 OFFLINE   Proc

Proc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

I have XM in the car. I listen to it at work all day long. If you have an XM account, all you need to do is register for a web account and you can use their web-based player (all channels except those that play any commercials). At home, I listen via D*.

Channels I listen to alot:

Fred
Ether
Lucy
XM Cafe
The Loft
Chill
80s
90s
Highway 16

#7 OFFLINE   Hoxxx

Hoxxx

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

I think that goes without saying if you changed over. It seems, listening, that the quality of programming is pretty [censored] good! How long did it take you before you were entirely seperated from the local scene, via the local stations?

It happened pretty quick. I am able to listen all day long at work so it was a no brainer to listen to what kind of music I am in the mood for. I just became fet up one day when all you hear is either bla bla DJ's that think they are smart or funny and also the endless comercials. I wish I could have signed up when they offered a liftetime sub to 1 radio but that offer was only for a very short time right at the start of XM.best I was able to do was a 5 year deal for $8.00 a month on 1 radio. anyway enjoy I do.

:allthumbs
1:HR20 with a eSATA-750 gb, 1:HR20, 3:H20's,
Samsung 56" DLP HLT5689S,
Samsung 32" LCD LNR328W,
Sharp 20" LCD LC-20SH20U,
Polaroid 17" LCD FLM-1511,
Magnavox 15" LCD
Playstation 3, XBOX 360,
Toshiba HD-XA2, Onkyo TX-SR606, Mirage Sound System with Sub, (((XM))) Sub since 3/6/2003,
Using 1 MyFi's, and a Lucerne with Factory XM

#8 OFFLINE   TDLA

TDLA

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

If you go to AOL Radio (http://radio.aol.com) you can listen to XM stations for free on the web.

#9 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

I have XM in the car. I listen to it at work all day long. If you have an XM account, all you need to do is register for a web account and you can use their web-based player (all channels except those that play any commercials). At home, I listen via D*.

Channels I listen to alot:

Fred
Ether
Lucy
XM Cafe
The Loft
Chill
80s
90s
Highway 16

I've heard XM cafe was pretty well done. My next business trip I will get XM car and check these out.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#10 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

All day at work, that is a definite plus...
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#11 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

I you like talk in lieu of music you will like this.

http://www.wzzr.com/pages/liquid.html

#12 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

If you go to AOL Radio (http://radio.aol.com) you can listen to XM stations for free on the web.

Even without a subscription?
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#13 OFFLINE   Mike728

Mike728

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Liquid Metal (too many satanic sounding vocals) but it used to be a web only station. It was just brought back to the mainstream less than a year ago.

#14 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

Channel 841 for anyone interested. Some of what I've heard so far is good but I can only take so much of the screaming vocals :lol:

When I do listen to the XM channels on DirecTV I usually tune to channel 835 "Squizz - XL" (who the hell came up with the names for the XM channels?)

When in my car I'm almost always listening to Octane on Sirius :D
Receivers: HR20-700, H20-600, H21-200, D12-300, RCA DRD486
Dish: AT9 | Multiswitch: WB68
TV: Sony KDF50WE655

My Setup

Author of CE Slinger

#15 OFFLINE   stewp97

stewp97

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Liquid Metal (too many satanic sounding vocals) but it used to be a web only station. It was just brought back to the mainstream less than a year ago.

It was actually one of the original channels on the radio. I was bummed when they dropped it. Been listening to XM since spring 00. I am not sure if they even have local radio around here anymore :D

#16 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

I have XM in the car, but it's kept on only one station: ESPN

Gotta have my sports talk radio when I travel. I've had it for over 2 years and don't think I've ever listened to music on it.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#17 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

I never understand when I hear people say the XM channels are a waste of bandwidth. I love Flight 26, Ethel, Lucy, Squizz, and my talk channels when I'm in my car. Plus some occasional O&A

#18 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

I don't want to start a network war, but is there a significant difference (please be objective) between XM and Sirius? Did I hear right that Sirius was being courted to be bought out by XM?
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#19 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

I don't want to start a network war, but is there a significant difference (please be objective) between XM and Sirius? Did I hear right that Sirius was being courted to be bought out by XM?

It's the other way around, but I personally like XM's music choices A LOT better.

#20 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

You know, I think that it what I like most. It sounds so animalistic-ish...no offense. I am mainly listening as a background noise, but those animal screams are what seem to captivate me.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

spam firewall