Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Channels by Years End?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

Can i complain now? :D

I wouldn't subject myself to watching the Knicks and I'm not the biggest hockey fan. I just live in NYC and have a greater comprehension of the evils of Lil Jimmy Dolan.

He doesn't want any competition for anything he owns. Look up how he stopped the NY Jets from building a new stadium because it would take concerts and such away from the garden.

In the words of Miracle Max, it would take a miracle, for us to see MSG and FSNY in HD anywhere but cable.

No complaining till 12/4 now. :D. Per the other thread MSG HD and FSNY HD will be up and running next Wednesday.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,664 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

Can i complain now? :D

I wouldn't subject myself to watching the Knicks and I'm not the biggest hockey fan. I just live in NYC and have a greater comprehension of the evils of Lil Jimmy Dolan.

He doesn't want any competition for anything he owns. Look up how he stopped the NY Jets from building a new stadium because it would take concerts and such away from the garden.

In the words of Miracle Max, it would take a miracle, for us to see MSG and FSNY in HD anywhere but cable.

For now, I will believe satelliteracer. He said there are no contract issues and no technical issues, just that they are scheduling it for midweek for support reasons.

He is saying the miracle has already happened. Can you just wait until the date he says it happens before you imply he is full of it?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#43 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:03 PM

I am not saying anyone is full of anything. I am sure D* wants to provide the channel. AndI am sure satelliteracer is providing the info he receives.

It is Dolan who can not be trusted.

I understand Orioles owner Peter Angelos has kept the Nationals off of tv in your area of the country or at least did for a while.

Jimmy Dolan is like him, except he owns 2 sports teams, the arena, and the stations that broadcast 5 sports teams in the NY area and a competing television provider.
HR21-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
HR20-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 26" LCD .

#44 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

The Toledo Ohio market doesn't have HD yet either

#45 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:30 PM

Im just hoping for ESPN News and ABC Family at some point soon!!

Disney and the other kids channels would be nice too, but not as important as ESPN News... :)

I don't get the fascination with ESPNews in HD. A lot of the highlights on Sportcenter are not in HD. The NHLHD version of NHL on the Fly has highlights of games that were broadcast in 16x9 in HD and shows them in 4x3 SD. :confused:

#46 OFFLINE   tvjay

tvjay

Godfather

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

The Toledo Ohio market doesn't have HD yet either

DirecTV has had HDTV equipment installed in the market for awhile now. Wonder what is taking so long?

#47 OFFLINE   TDTivo

TDTivo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

DirecTV has had HDTV equipment installed in the market for awhile now. Wonder what is taking so long?

I heard they have been burning coal in Toledo for at least a year now. I wonder who is paying that bill?!?
Why isn't stupidity painful?
HR20-700 & 10-250: Vizio 47" HD 1080P LCD, HR20-700: Vizio 32" LCD, DVR40: 22" Toshiba CRT, R15: 22" Toshiba CRT, R15: 26" Sony CRT. 12 tuners used. 5 Lnb slimline Dish, 8 bay bowtie OTA mounted on tower, 2nd dish for SD locals on 72.5., Zinwell WB616....(HR20-700 connected to DSL via cat5).

#48 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

How about some locals for the Mobile-Pensacola market that was promised by the end of 2006? The Cable networks carry ABC,CBS,NBC in HD.
my setup here

Protected By... spam firewall...And...