Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SundayTicket/Superfan Week 13 [Final Version]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

NFL SundayTicket/Superfan Schedule
Attached is the NFL Schedule customized for DIRECTV's SundayTicket and Superfan subscribers. As always, Red highlight games are 1080i, Blue highlight games are 720p broadcasts. The keyword "Final Version" in the Title is your signal that the schedule is complete and ready for your download and customization. The "preview" or "in-work" keywords in the Title mean there are still updates to be made.

Time Zone Schedules
Attachments are provided for each Time Zone; please note the attachment names to download the correct PDF for your time zone.

Customize your Schedule
The PDF schedules are formatted with the ‘typewriter tool’ enabled, so you can edit in the channel numbers for the games provided by your local affiliates.

SundayTicket and Superfan Broadcasts
The rightmost columns of the SundayTicket Section provide the SundayTicket SD assignments [Channels 704 through 717] and the Superfan HD assignments [Channels 719 through 727]. If any entries in these columns are blank, they will be updated when DIRECTV announces the assignments.

National Game Broadcasts
You will need to pencil in, or edit in, your LIL (Local-Into-Local) CBS, FOX and NBC channel numbers for your local stations. In most cases (the rules are complex), DIRECTV is required to blackout a SundayTicket and/or Superfan game that duplicates programming offered by your local CBS or FOX affiliate.

Regional Game Broadcasts
Using TV Distribution Maps, you will know in advance which regional games your local CBS and FOX affiliates will be carrying and you can pencil, or edit in, those updates on the schedule. A link at the top of each Weekly Schedule (or_this_link) takes you to the website providing NFL TV Game Distribution Maps for both CBS and FOX. When your local affiliate broadcasts a game, DIRECTV is obligated to black it out on SundayTicket and Superfan (if your LIL offers HD) in your DMA. The DMA Maps are updated during the week preceding the games.

Local Game Broadcasts
Remember, NFL blackout rules apply: if a home game isn’t sold out, your local station and DIRECTV are both required to black out that live game in your home DMA.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

Just updated the four time-zone specific schedules. This is the "Final Version". The TV Distribution Maps are now also complete!

Now is the time to download and customize your own Weekly Schedule.

Sorry, but as in Week #11, SuperFan-HD is not providing all the available HD games in HD.

The Jets vs Dolphins game is being broadcast in HD by CBS, but is not carried on SuperFan. SuperFan-HD is apparently limited to a maximum of 8 simultaneous HD game channels. The RedZone-HD (channel 718) makes the 9'th HD channel.
gct

#3 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

For next week, Week #14, the Miami/Buffalo game has just fallen off the CBS HD wagon.

FOX has not announced yet which game next week they will throw to the SD wolves. Best bet at this time: the St. Louis/Cincinnati game.

#4 OFFLINE   HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 294 posts
  • LocationCentreville, VA

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

For next week, Week #14, the Miami/Buffalo game has just fallen off the CBS HD wagon.

So this means CBS is doing only five games in HD ... :mad:

FOX has not announced yet which game next week they will throw to the SD wolves. Best bet at this time: the St. Louis/Cincinnati game.

I concur ...
Centreville, VA, 20120

DirecTV Subscriber: since January 2000
NFL Sunday Ticket: since 2000 NFL Season
Hughes Series 2 DirecTiVo (modified): October 2003, connected to RCA 27" Standard
DirecTV HR-20 HD-DVR: October 2006, connected to LG 42" Widescreen HD LCD

#5 OFFLINE   capnlando13

capnlando13

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

gct,
Just wanted to say thanks for doing this. I have used this each week of the year! :D

#6 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

WCBS in NY has a program guide from Titan TV on its website; it does not (yet) list the Jets @ Dolphins game as being in HD in NY. Is there any confirmation from other sources of the HD?

#7 OFFLINE   HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

WCBS in NY has a program guide from Titan TV on its website; it does not (yet) list the Jets @ Dolphins game as being in HD in NY. Is there any confirmation from other sources of the HD?

http://cbs.sportslin...orts/schedules/
Centreville, VA, 20120

Hughes Series 2 DirecTiVo (modified): October 2003, connected to RCA 27" Standard

#8 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:34 PM

Does it surprise anyone else that CBS chose to not broadcast the Raiders/Broncos in HD instead of the Jets/Dolphins? is it just a NY thing? is there another game that maybe would have been an even better choice than either of these? .... FWIW I think D* picked the right game to not give us in HD...I just wish (like others) they would have thrown it out there on an MPEG4 channel(even without a guide listing just so it was really there for us to watch if we wanted to)...similarly I don't get why they just don't put TNT out there on MPEG4 just so that if anyone really complained about it they would be able to get it ..

#9 OFFLINE   HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

Does it surprise anyone else that CBS chose to not broadcast the Raiders/Broncos in HD instead of the Jets/Dolphins? is it just a NY thing? is there another game that maybe would have been an even better choice than either of these? .... FWIW I think D* picked the right game to not give us in HD...I just wish (like others) they would have thrown it out there on an MPEG4 channel(even without a guide listing just so it was really there for us to watch if we wanted to)...similarly I don't get why they just don't put TNT out there on MPEG4 just so that if anyone really complained about it they would be able to get it ..

A lot of it also depends on the markets involved ... with New York being the largest market, I'm sure that is part of why they kept Jets-Dolphins for an HD game.

cheers
Centreville, VA, 20120

#10 OFFLINE   Smooth Jazzer

Smooth Jazzer

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:24 AM

Though this is NFL ST related it is not about CBS HD/NOT HD. The 49ers/Panthers game got blacked out because it was offered via a local OTA that is almost impossible to get in my area. I have had the NFLST since 1995. It has gotten awfully expensive. That coupled with the dreadful 49ers the NFL ST will NOT be part of my 2008 budget>IT...
BTW the NFL HD fan package should be FREE... I know nice try...

#11 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

There are rumors that the Week 14 Miami/Buffalo game will be broadcast only in black and white...

(okay, okay so it's very little humor)

#12 OFFLINE   capnlando13

capnlando13

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

I know how to check cbs sports to see what future games will be in HD but what about FOX? Jaguars vs. Panthers game in HD this Sunday?

#13 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

I know how to check cbs sports to see what future games will be in HD but what about FOX? Jaguars vs. Panthers game in HD this Sunday?

FOX usually plays it very close to the vest and doesn't announce their HD games until Wednesday or Thursday preceeding the Sunday games.

Keep an eye on the hdsportsguide.com website. They are one of the first to receive the FOX media release and update their game listings.

spam firewall