Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Issue with playback HR20-100

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   goondog71

goondog71

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

I wanted to see if anyone else outthere has the same issue I see with my HR20. When I watch a show from the DVR that I have recorded (SD or HD it does not matter), the playback freezes. It is more than a pause, the entire box freezes, the pictures stops, there is no sounds and the box is unresponsive. After a few secondes....sometimes 1 or 2 other times 4-5 the show resumes. I have also seend this with the live buffer.

Has anyone else seen this?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   onin24eagle

onin24eagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:37 AM

Yes, I have seen this too. It sucks!

#3 OFFLINE   goondog71

goondog71

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

This is getting to the point where I can not watch any show with out this happeneing. What is the use to have a DVR if you can not watch anything on it.

Has anyone found a way to fix this issue...is it based in the software version?

I do not think it has to do with the DVR file, because one day a show will work fine and then the next it will have the stopping issue?

#4 OFFLINE   glennb

glennb

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:55 AM

Call DIRECTV and get a new DVR sent out.
The hard drive is probably failing.

#5 OFFLINE   damorin04072

damorin04072

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

I too had this problem, it seemed to start when the software upgrade that included the On-Demand features was installed.
Resetting seemed to resolve the problem for a few weeks, but then it came back even worse than before. I finally had enough and called Directv and they are sending a new HDDVR.

#6 OFFLINE   goondog71

goondog71

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

I too had this problem, it seemed to start when the software upgrade that included the On-Demand features was installed.
Resetting seemed to resolve the problem for a few weeks, but then it came back even worse than before. I finally had enough and called Directv and they are sending a new HDDVR.

Did you get your new one and did the issue stop?

I just wonder if this is a software or hardware issue?

I agree this only started with the new software version that included the On Demand.

I like the HR20-100 because it has the coax audio out, which I believe, the other units do not have.

Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   goondog71

goondog71

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:14 PM

Just to add. I figured out that I only have the freeze issue when I play back a show that is in HD all my SD shows are working just fine.

Thanks new software

Protected By... spam firewall...And...