Jump to content


Welcome to DBSTalk


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish 3900 w/SW21 problem


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jef

jef

    New Member

  • Registered
  • 2 posts
Joined: Feb 16, 2003

Posted 16 February 2003 - 01:34 AM

I just bought a 3900 on eBay as an extra receiver. I have a 508 that is working great. I unhooked the 508 and plugged the 3900 into the same location and am getting a problem when testing the switch. The table displaying switch inputs has an X where in the first column, where 119 and Odd ought to be. The other columns display the expected 119/Even, 110/Odd, 110/Even, 148/Odd and 148/Even.

I retested the switch throught the 508 and 119/Odd shows up just fine.

I went back to the Point Dish/Signal page and set the Satellite to 119 West, the started playing with different transponders. I noticed that some are working. After checking a few, I found that transponders 2,4, 5, 6, 7 are working fine, but 1, 3 and 9 say "Not Locked."

I'll try removing the switch tomorrow. Could it be poor cable? Is the 508 better with lower grade cable? (I had some cheap stuff laying around when I installed the 508 and it worked, so I never worried about it until now.)

Any hints before I take more drastic measures would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

    EKB Editor

  • Registered
  • 4,022 posts
Joined: Mar 30, 2002

Posted 16 February 2003 - 04:50 AM

Transponders 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 from 119 are now spotbeams. Tp 1 used to be the home tp but you can't see it now. I don't know what the new home tp is. You get 5 & 7 because you are under spot 4. 110 also has spot beams on tp 2, 4, 6 8 & 10. Before you start unhooking things, tune the 3900 to a channel on 148 then turn it off to let it get the latest software (maybe someone has a better method to accomplish this?). The software is spooled on all orbital slots but your 3900 is having problems with not being able to see certain transponders on 119 and might have the same problem on 110 so I suggest 148. Then do the check switch again.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#3 OFFLINE   jef

jef

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
Joined: Feb 16, 2003

Posted 16 February 2003 - 03:38 PM

Working now. I guess a software update was all I needed. I didn't think to check spot beams. Thanks for your help!




Protected By... spam firewall...And...