Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why no SWAJ Cascade?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gruss

Gruss

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 09:37 AM

Since the SWAJ uses a different switching technique, there should be no reason the SWAJ couldn't be used in a cascade configuration with ANY other coax-controlled switch.

I just tried it to hook my 6000 up with a spare feed from my legacy DualLNBFs on my Dish500 w/ SW21. Instead of all 3 sats, I just saw 119 + 61.5.

I figured it wouldn't work, but was worth a try. (I tried this in prep. for the rumoured 8PSK content on the 110 bird, and this would have been a zero cost solution for me).

I guess I have no choice but to get the ladder out and do some reconfiguration and/or rewiring (Twin or SW64 or whatever).

It's probably too much to expect them to support this now (since the SWAJ is discontinued), but I wonder why they didn't implement this when cascading became an alternative solution to buying an expensive SW64.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, some receivers do not even have the connector for the SWAJ or the old SW44.

#3 OFFLINE   Donee43

Donee43

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:21 PM

Hello, I am looking for that SWAJ Switch everyone is chating about. I have seen them on
ebay but I would prefer not to sign up to bid. Just would like to find a dealer (that hapen to have on) or someone that will sell me one. Email donee43@yahoo.com.
thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:27 PM

Do you have any Idea what you are asking about? The SWAJ was Dish's first switch it had to be powered by the receiver(they don't even build power connectors into the receivers for this switch) could only be used inside and required two cables run in from the outside. They belong in a museum of DISH HEADACHES.

#5 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:54 PM

You can build your own SWAJ for just a few$ in parts if you REALLY want one.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#6 OFFLINE   Donee43

Donee43

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:59 PM

I have the old reciever that has the port to add the SWAJ switch. I would just like to find one to purchase. (Other than on Ebay) If I could contact one of tose fellows on ebay about one that would be nice. They won't let you contact anyone selling unless you sign up to bid. And that requires having to include your Visa CC. I don't won't to do that. Soon I will have to leave here (Friends house using the computer and return to where I live Currituck. No Computer connection in my RV (yet) So if anyone comes up with a SWAJ please call me on my cell. 757-675-1104 I will call you right back, it;s free to me to call all us. well almost.
Donnie

#7 OFFLINE   Donee43

Donee43

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:00 PM

About building an SWAJ Switch. What would I need to buy?

#8 OFFLINE   larrystotler

larrystotler

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

Dish network receiver no longer support the SWAJ switching so therefore they are useless. Even if you have 1(I have 2 actually) they do not work. Trust me, I tried not too long ago.
Haven't logged on in almost 2 years. Haven't done installs in a long time. Good luck.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...