Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lip Sync Problem- We heard your complaints and...........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

As I posted last evening it seems to be more often lately, but today has been perfect all day, go figure:)
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Impala1ss

Impala1ss

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

It's a buffering issue with audio-video tracks and the more I study the subject I've learned that its pretty universal to all compressed HD.

Matt

My former cable system never had sync issues.

#23 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

I keep reading about sync issues...

In all seriousness, as someone who watches television alot, I have had maybe one or two sync issues since I got my HR20-700. In each case stopping the recording and restarting it made the sync issue go away.

I am going to pay very careful attention this week as I watch and see if I can spot any problem.
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#24 OFFLINE   Kenwood

Kenwood

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

...try watching the recorded Discovery HD channels. Almost every week either Mythbusters and/or the Everest shows are messed up. Storm Chasers was also bad too

#25 OFFLINE   lifelong

lifelong

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

I keep reading about sync issues...

In all seriousness, as someone who watches television alot, I have had maybe one or two sync issues since I got my HR20-700. In each case stopping the recording and restarting it made the sync issue go away.

I am going to pay very careful attention this week as I watch and see if I can spot any problem.

I seem to get lip sync issues whenever i watch a movie i recorded from showtime.

#26 OFFLINE   inazsully

inazsully

Icon

• Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

Switch back and forth between SD and HD on Everybody Loves Raymond on TBS Channel 247.

#27 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,901 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

...try watching the recorded Discovery HD channels. Almost every week either Mythbusters and/or the Everest shows are messed up. Storm Chasers was also bad too

I watched all 3 last week, but had no issues.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#28 OFFLINE   TomMac

TomMac

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

Today I have not seen any problems on TWCHD or CNNHD on either of my recivers.
HR20-700, Sony KLV-S32A10
HR20S-100, Toshiba 20AF44
AT9-Slimline with multiswitch.

#29 OFFLINE   mganga

mganga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

you know (and i fully realize there are varying degrees), if you really, really start to look, there are lip sync problems in virtually every show and movie that you've ever seen in every and all formats.

#30 OFFLINE   lifelong

lifelong

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

It's pretty bad right now on CNNHD on Anderson Cooper 360. Really bad, actually.

#31 OFFLINE   Cable_X

Cable_X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:00 AM

SHOWHD was really bad yesterday afternoon and last night. The SD channel was perfect.

#32 OFFLINE   gquiring

gquiring

Godfather

• Registered
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

Last nights Chuck was the worst lip sync I ever had. I frequently notice the issue on many channels but it's off by a small amount. Last night the voice was ahead by about 5 seconds. It made watching it impossible. I finally disabled 5.1 on my receiver so I could watch the show which is more eye candy than sound anyway.

#33 OFFLINE   brightsons

brightsons

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:52 AM

Last nights Chuck was the worst lip sync I ever had. I frequently notice the issue on many channels but it's off by a small amount. Last night the voice was ahead by about 5 seconds. It made watching it impossible. I finally disabled 5.1 on my receiver so I could watch the show which is more eye candy than sound anyway.

It was awful for me as well, the sound kept cutting out just about every 5 seconds and the first 10 minutes of the show wasn't even in HD.

#34 OFFLINE   KTrentLR

KTrentLR

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

I watched all 3 last week, but had no issues.

LOL - I've almost gotten used to it that it's not as noticeable anymore. It's like watching a foreign language film with English voice-overs; about 20 minutes into the film you get used to it.

On my old Tivo unit (oh how I miss you); if the voice ever moved out of sync, I could simply pause the player for a few seconds followed by play. That'd fix the issue; not so with the HR20-100S.

I will say it is disappointing to have this great HD picture and all the "wow" with how pretty it is. Until it opens it's mouth. You want to say, "Shhhhhhh, don't talk. Just look pretty...."

HR44-500
HR22-100 with eSATA Drive: LaCie d2 Quadra 2tb

Network: Hardwired
TV: Diamond Mitsubishi 73833
Whole-Home: No DECA equipment, Eithernet only

spam firewall