Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrading to HR20/21 from 10-250 . . .

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dthoman

dthoman

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

Have an installation appt this Saturday. I decided to try and cancel appt and wait to see how the stability was on the HR21. When speaking to CSR I was told that at the beginning of the year they will be moving HD National Channels to the new sats and that the 10-250 would not be able to receive them anymore. Can anyone here verifiy this?

I thought that the channels would be available for awhile.

Anyway, explain to CSR the reason for my concerns. Mainly everything is working perfect now and I am afraid that things will get messed up. She assured me that the tech will check everything before he leaves.

The other thing she mentioned was that when she tried to order my recovery kit for the 10-250 the system wouldn't allow her to. She determined it was because my 2 year committment was over on the 10-250 and that I "owned" the equipment. I thought everything now was leased. She said yes, until you finished your 2 year equipment committment on that particular equipment. She said that my original HR20 committed ended in 2008 and that I would owned that one as well. She also said that the replacement for the 10-250 was a swap and that no new 2 year committment was required.

Any comments?

PS. Decided to keep appt because I figure if it is true that the 10-250 won't pick up National HD (81, 84, 87 & 89) that the wait time for appts and equipment will be very bad starting at the beginning of the new year.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

Many have posted that D* doesn't want the HR10-250 back any more, even if it is leased.

#3 OFFLINE   dthoman

dthoman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

Had installation today. Everything went great. Received the HR20-100. So pretty much have the same DVR is both rooms (HR20-700) is in the living room.

One quick question. When I see CE updates for the HR20-700 are they also updating the HR20-100? Or are there two different notices for "two different type of receivers"? Have notice that the sticky threads are two different threads but running the same software version.

My only problem SEEMS to be that I can't get the RF to work on the remote control. I have tried several times to program the remote on the HR20-100 but remote is not responding. Does the external antenna need alot of open space?

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:30 PM

All CE discussions need to stay in the CE forum.

But each model receiver has its own software. So you will only be able to receive the software that is in the stream for your model receiver.

#5 OFFLINE   dthoman

dthoman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:32 PM

Sorry

Protected By... spam firewall...And...