Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor: China "Ready to Bite the Apple" 11/29/2007

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

I was yelling at the TV for him to play one of the idols.

There were 7. He plays one, now he is in the final 6.

Down to 6, wins individual immunity, down to final 5. If not, play #2, still in final 5.

Repeat.

If it holds true, they become worthless in the final 4 anyway. That was almost as dumb as Jamie playing the non-idol. :(

Dumb James, dumb.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   wilssm

wilssm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

I think that will go down in survivor history as one of the biggest bone head moves. James had 2 idols and did not use them I think he was too sure of himself. I thought James was going all the way

wilssm

#23 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,726 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

James was too worried about not biting the apple to notice that everyone around him was eating applesauce ...

#24 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:28 PM

James was too worried about not biting the apple to notice that everyone around him was eating applesauce ...

ain't that the truth .. he did say that he rolled the dice one to many times. I think he agrees with you guys that it was a boneheaded move, but you can't unring the bell :).
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#25 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

Well saw previews for next week. Hmmm looks like an immunity challenge that requires a lot of strength and stamina. The week right after James leaves. Hmmmm.... Coincidence.. ;)

Sorry.. Guess I have watched too many seasons and I have started to see some patterns.... Perhaps just in my head or created by the editing. Things like this have made me thing there is a pool of challenges they draw from rather than having them all planned out. Then again it can just be coincidence.... Just like last weeks reward challenge where by a huge surprise PG won. ;)

And please don't have another All Star.. That would be the final nail in the coffen
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#26 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:49 AM

Well, if James were around and the strength challenge were easy for him to win, the HII could have been given to another player .. That would have been interesting. So even using your theory, they could have hoped that James made it to the final 6 (picking challenges a week in advance vs. @ beginning of the season). I can see exactly why you think that it may not be pre-planned, but part of it is editing and part of it is luck. I may very well be set up, but I think that there is an equally plausible explanation as to why it may be pre-planned.

After the dealings this year, though, I am more convinced than ever that you are not allowed to steal the HII as part of the game. Twice people have had the HII in their hands and they have not taken it. Perhaps it was a show of respect to James (or concern for being pounded :)) but I suspect that they were simply not allowed to take the HII from someone but that it could be given to them.

I get enjoyment out of every Survivor, so I'll be stuck to it through it's final episode .. It will probably go away in 2-3 years which will be something on the order of 4-6 more "seasons." They still pull in respectable numbers if not great numbers.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#27 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

I also was amazed that James did not play an idol. He is down to 7, he has to use them before final 4, so he really only one more vote than he had idols. At this point, he has to play one if he has a hint of things going bad and chance that he could win immunity one more time. He had that inkling, but still sat on them. (I see RobertE thinks along these same lines)

I was really pulling for him (in spite of the fact that IMO, he should have given Todd one of the idols for tipping him off) but he was just not as good as I thought he was.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#28 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

I also was amazed that James did not play an idol. He is down to 7, he has to use them before final 4, so he really only one more vote than he had idols. At this point, he has to play one if he has a hint of things going bad and chance that he could win immunity one more time. He had that inkling, but still sat on them. (I see RobertE thinks along these same lines)

I was really pulling for him (in spite of the fact that IMO, he should have given Todd one of the idols for tipping him off) but he was just not as good as I thought he was.

So now that James is gone, what happens to those two HII? You think they put them back in the game somehow? Or is it just to late in the game?

#29 OFFLINE   Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• Registered
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

We were rooting for James too.

- Craig

#30 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

Well in the past, when an HII was used it was put into play. I am not sure it ever happened were someone got booted for having the idol. My guess is they won't put them back into play.

As to Doug's comments.. Perhaps it is a fact of editing but too many times I have seen the person about to get booted, has not come close to winning a challenge, have a dream challenge drop into their lap. Might just be coincidence, but I personally have always felt that there is a certain way they want this thing to play out. I do think Jeff really wanted James to stay and tried to have the bells go off in his head but they did not.

Perhaps we will get to see another fire challenge where nobody will be able to start fire with a flint.

The challenge they show the preview should be interesting. Wonder if it is reward or immunity.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#31 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

Jeff definitely plays up the conflicts .. I don't know how much inside info he has, but he's certainly being fed a "direction" to go if he has not seen the clips from the camp prior to TC. Jeff very well may have seen clips though and (as a result) knows exactly how to push buttons :)

#32 OFFLINE   chuckyHDDTV

chuckyHDDTV

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

I am one of the few who enjoyed seeing James voted off, simply because I enjoyed the tactics of it and the sheer surprise at Tribal Council that James did not play the HII. It was great TV.

The James blindsiding was not as bad as the Edgardo monster blindside in Survior Figi. In my opinion, nothing will beat that. I was LMAO when it happened. Thank goodness for my DVR because I kept watching that moment over and over again.

#33 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

Jeff definitely plays up the conflicts .. I don't know how much inside info he has, but he's certainly being fed a "direction" to go if he has not seen the clips from the camp prior to TC. Jeff very well may have seen clips though and (as a result) knows exactly how to push buttons :)

I can pretty much assure you that Jeff sees the dailys before going to counsel. Every season past he's always spoken with "inside" knowledge of how the last few days have gone....even the supposedly private conversations and "interviews"......

#34 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:14 AM

Well, Jeff has said in the past that he does not see the daily footage before going into TC and he just hits on things because it really takes 3 or 4 hours and they edit the few good things in, but who knows if you can beleive that.

As for as the Hidden Idols, I would guess that they are going out with James. It will be interesting if Todd wishes he had tipped James in return for getting one of the idols.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#35 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

I can pretty much assure you that Jeff sees the dailys before going to counsel. Every season past he's always spoken with "inside" knowledge of how the last few days have gone....even the supposedly private conversations and "interviews"......

I would doubt this, just froma time perspective. Most likely a group of people who have seen the dailys gives him the highlights. Heck, he may even be getting fed stuff during the council meeting.
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#36 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

My interest in this show is severely diminished now that John Coffey is gone.

My wife punched me in the arm and said "****" when he didn't pull the idol.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#37 OFFLINE   wilssm

wilssm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

Who does everyone think will win it all now? My money is on Denice I think she is coming in under the radar
wilssm

#38 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

Who does everyone think will win it all now?

Anybody but Todd or PG. I would bet on Eric or Amanda.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#39 OFFLINE   birdman1

birdman1

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:08 PM

I agree with wilssm I think it will be Denise.

#40 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

I would say most likely Eric or Amanda... Denise, I don't think even if she made it to the end would not get the votes. I would not give here the votes.. She has played the game as well as a rocks around the camp. By that I mean not at all.

PG.. No way.. She gets major negatives points for throwing a challange followed by not throwing the second one.

Todd of all that is left has actually tried to play the game but in my opinion has overplayed it and will get bumped.

Cortney.. Well... Would you give her a million dollars for outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting? I put here in the same category as Denise. Really not taking charge of the game.

The one thing odd about this one is there really is not any strong alliances left. Amanda and Todd when might think but if you go on the previews for tonight that seems a bit shaky

Protected By... spam firewall...And...