Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New 1 TB external drive "CHECK"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   thekochs

thekochs

Icon

• Registered
  • 937 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Just a quick note, I don't even unplug my external drive. If you simply turn the drive off and reboot it will return to the internal drive. That is if yours has a power switch, which mine does. Just thought I would put that out there. It is a hole lot easier than unplugging the eSATA cable from the back of the HR20.

So, is the inverse true as well ? I mean instead of trying to time yanking the power cord (per BMoreRavens post #14 above) when you restart the HR20 (lights out for moment).....can you just plug in the external drive while HR20 is running, power up external HDD, then restart (RBR or Menu Restart) the HR20 and it will see external drive ?
Input/Source Equipment
DirecTV Slimline 3-SWM Dish, (3x) HR23-700 w/DECA
Sony DVD DVP-NC85H/B Carousel
Samsung BDP1500 BluRay

Output Display Equipment
Sony VPL-HS20 PJ (1368x768) => Vutec 110" Screen
Samsung 63" Plasma HP-S6373 (1368x768)
Samsung 32" TFT LN-T3243H LCD TV (1368x768)
Sharp 37" TFT LC37D43U LCD TV (1368x768)

A/V Equipment
Yamaha RX-V650 Receiver
VideoStorm CMX84 8x4 Video/Audio Matrix Switch
http://www.video-sto....asp?prod=CMX84

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Newby1

Newby1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

So, is the inverse true as well ? I mean instead of trying to time yanking the power cord (per BMoreRavens post #14 above) when you restart the HR20 (lights out for moment).....can you just plug in the external drive while HR20 is running, power up external HDD, then restart (RBR or Menu Restart) the HR20 and it will see external drive ?

I have not tried it that way, but I will and let you know. It will be a couple of days as I have stuff recording. I will keep you posted.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...