Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spell Check

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:16 PM

Why does the Spell Check not work properly any more? The insert to post no longer works.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

Yes, it's broke. Just haven't had a chance to fix it. Sorry about that.

#3 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

Yes, it's broke. Just haven't had a chance to fix it. Sorry about that.

No problem, just wanted to make sure it was not on my end. Thanks for the reply.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,714 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:30 PM

Actually, I just tried on a lark to use the spell check before seeing this thread. What amused me was the popup error I received:

"The requested URL /cgi-bin/spell.pl was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

So not only does the spell check not work, but the error handler didn't work either :)

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

Yeah. The old spell check got hosed when we moved servers. For now the best solution is to simply use iespell (for IE users) which can be downloaded and installed very easily.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,714 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

I almost never use spell check, so it was a weird coincidence that I tried to use it today only to find out it wasn't working. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if the error message hadn't been funny in and of itself.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...