Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDNet Concert Schedule - Week Beginning Monday, Dec 3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,300 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

Here's the HDNet Concert Series schedule for the week beginning Monday, Dec 3

Sun., Dec 9 - 5:00 AM ET / 2:00 AM PT
DION LIVE
Dion Live is the music of Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Dion DiMucci seen from two different
points of view. The classic hits like "Runaround Sue", "The Wanderer", "Teenager in Love",
and "Abraham, Martin, and John" are presented in concert, taped at the Tropicana in Atlantic
City. The musical influences on one of the first legends of rock and roll are presented by Dion
in a series of stories and songs in an intimate studio setting.

Sun., Dec 9 - 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT
PETER FRAMPTON IN CONCERT
Peter Frampton rocks the house at Detroit's Pine Knob Amphitheatre with old
favorites, new hits, and even some Humble Pie thrown in for good measure.

Sun., Dec 9 - 1:50 PM ET / 10:50 AM PT
BLUES AT THE BREWERY
The Tommy Castro Band - In a remarkably short time, the Tommy Castro Band has
earned international acclaim as one of the most compelling artists on the blues scene.
Don't miss the Tommy Castro Band performing at the Sierra Nevada Brewery in
Chico, California.

Sun., Dec 9 - 3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT
THE GATLIN BROTHERS LIVE AT BILLY BOB'S
Live from Billy Bob's Texas the "World's Largest Honky Tonk" in association with the Smith Music
Group - The Gatlin Brothers! Over 40 years ago, Larry, Steve, and Rudy Gatlin started singing in
their hometown of Abilene, Texas, and from there went on to make music history. Over the course
of a career that has taken the Gatlin brothers from Texas stages to White House performances,
fromBroadway to Grammy Awards to the top of the country charts, there has been one unifying
element, music. There's no harmony quite as pure as family harmony.

Sun., Dec 9 - 4:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM PT
GAELIC STORM - LIVE IN CHICAGO
Since its inception nearly ten years ago, Gaelic Storm has continued to broaden the musical
horizons of the Celtic music genre. With their blend of Irish traditional melody and acoustic
instrumentation, they have created compelling original world rhythms. Gaelic Storm showcases
their trademark sound with energetic performances and enthusiastic audience interaction.
Their hit shows magically translate the rowdy intimacy of a pub to crowds of screaming fans.

Sun., Dec 9 - 6:30 PM ET / 3:30 PM PT
THIRD EYE BLIND - TEN YEARS DOWN
90's rock icon Third Eye Blind return to the city where it all began. On the eve of their ten-year
anniversary, the San Francisco based rock quartet is captured over two sold-out nights at the
famed Fillmore. They perform some of rock's classics, "Semi-Charmed Life", "Graduate" and
"Losing A Whole Year" from their multi-platinum music career. Driven by vocals and personality
of lead singer Stephan Jenkins, this career spanning event is one not to miss.

Sun., Dec 9 - 8:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM PT
VERTIGO//2005 U2 LIVE FROM CHICAGO
Vertigo//2005 U2 Live from Chicago is the hottest concert ticket of the year! Hamish Hamilton
gives you a front row seat for all the excitement from the sold out Vertigo tour. Vertigo//2005
features electric performances of songs drawn from across the band's entire career. Featuring
the hits "Vertigo", "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own", "One", and "The Streets Have
No Name". This performance is sure to be something you will enjoy!

Sun., Dec 9 - 10:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM PT
THE BEST 25 YEARS OF POP - PRODUCED BY TREVOR HORN
It's more than two decades of epic Pop! In the presence of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales,
Trevor Horn celebrated 25 years as one of the world's most successful music producers, responsible
for some iconic pop recordings. In a unique concert at London's Wembley Arena, in aid of The Prince's
Trust, thirteen of Horn's best selling acts, a full string and backing section, and guest musicians all came
together to celebrate some electrifying music. Participating artists included Seal, the Pet Shop Boys,
ABC, the Buggles, Yes, Grace Jones and Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Mon., Dec 10 - 12:00 AM ET / Sun., Dec 9 - 9:00 PM PT

Mon., Dec 10 - 1:30 AM ET / Sun., Dec 9 - 10:30 PM PT

Mon., Dec 10 - 3:00 AM ET / 12:00 AM PT

Mon., Dec 10 - 4:30 AM ET / 1:30 AM PT

--
All schedules subject to change -- see the HDNet web site at www.hd.net for the latest information

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Thaedron

Thaedron

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:34 AM

Nick, thank you very much for taking the time to provide this summary every week!

I have one question... Have you ever considered maintaining the updates in such a way that it was all part of one thread? It would be great to be able to subscribe to your update and have it land in my inbox every week.
Main viewing system HR20-100 via SWM-8, using HDMI, networked, using DirecTV on Demand and MRV!
Samsung HLT-5689S | Oppo DV-981HD | Denon AVR-4306 | QNAP TS-219P NAS and Media Server

Full Setup

Proud supporter of the HR20 Wish List Survey

#3 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 21,300 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Thaedron. It's been my pleasure to
post HDNet's weekly concert schedule.

you can subscribe directly to HDNet's programming schedules.
Go to www.hd.net, scroll down the page and click on...

> Get HDNet Movies
Schedules via Email

..where you can sign up for movies, concerts or other HDNet
weekly programming lists.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#4 OFFLINE   Galley

Galley

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

Here's the HDNet Concert Series schedule for the week beginning Monday, Dec 3

Mon., Dec 10 - 4:30 AM ET / 1:30 AM PT

Damnit! I need to record this since the DVD is out-of-print. I hope it comes on again soon.

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,479 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

It's been my pleasure to
post HDNet's weekly concert schedule.

you can subscribe directly to HDNet's programming schedules.
Go to www.hd.net, scroll down the page and click on...

> Get HDNet Movies
Schedules via Email

..where you can sign up for movies, concerts or other HDNet
weekly programming lists.

Thank you very much! Somehow I missed this reviewing their site when I first got HD. Now I'm subscribed.:D

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   Thaedron

Thaedron

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

Sadly, 12/15 is soon approaching and I don't think I'll be subscribing to the HD Extra pack. Thus, I will no longer have a need for the HDNet concert info. I still wish DirecTV would bundle these channels into one of the total choice packages so that you would get them with your HD access ($9.99) charge.
Main viewing system HR20-100 via SWM-8, using HDMI, networked, using DirecTV on Demand and MRV!
Samsung HLT-5689S | Oppo DV-981HD | Denon AVR-4306 | QNAP TS-219P NAS and Media Server

Full Setup

Proud supporter of the HR20 Wish List Survey

#7 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 21,300 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:35 PM

Thaedron, I feel your pain.

I was a Dish sub for over seven years and had both HDNet channels after I went HD.
When I switched to cable, my former cableco, Adelphia had the HDNet channels, but
since they were acquired by Comcast a year ago, I've been doing without. :(

Even the GM of the local franchise told me he wished Comcast had kept HDNet.

If I ever switch to D*, I would pay the extra five bucks just to have HDNet.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#8 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:04 PM

^ You mean you do all this work, Nick, and you don't even have HDNet? :eek2: That's dedication. Thank you!

Sun., Dec 9 - 10:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM PT
It's more than two decades of epic Pop! In the presence of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales,
Trevor Horn celebrated 25 years as one of the world's most successful music producers, responsible
for some iconic pop recordings. In a unique concert at London's Wembley Arena, in aid of The Prince's
Trust, thirteen of Horn's best selling acts, a full string and backing section, and guest musicians all came
together to celebrate some electrifying music. Participating artists included Seal, the Pet Shop Boys,
ABC, the Buggles, Yes, Grace Jones and Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Damnit! I need to record this since the DVD is out-of-print. I hope it comes on again soon.

Galley, these guys say they have the DVD in stock. I just emailed them to see if they actually do. It's a lot easier to accept an order than it is to fulfill it. I, too, like this show and didn't know it was out of print so quickly.

I'll let you know what they say.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

Protected By... spam firewall...And...