Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Searching for signal 771 error...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GatorPhan

GatorPhan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:45 AM

Started this AM on several (Not All) of my HD Channels on my HR20-100.

Checked transponders...
99b getting odd / even splits of 0/77/0/85/0/81 on available transponders

103a doing ok with 0/97/96/97/95/99 on 0-6 and then 0/98/99/0/0/100/0/0/0/0 on 15-24

I have refreshed services at D* end and have reset my DVR. Any other thoughts?
H21-100
D11-100
R15-100
AT9
SWM8
SWS-4 Splitter

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Slump Buster

Slump Buster

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:18 AM

Started this AM on several (Not All) of my HD Channels on my HR20-100.

Checked transponders...
99b getting odd / even splits of 0/77/0/85/0/81 on available transponders

103a doing ok with 0/97/96/97/95/99 on 0-6 and then 0/98/99/0/0/100/0/0/0/0 on 15-24

I have refreshed services at D* end and have reset my DVR. Any other thoughts?

I believe a number of things can cause this, but I recently saw it on my hr20-700. I did a self install on this particular line a couple of years ago and it look like moisture may have gotten into one of my connectors. I replaced the connector and the problem (exactly what you reported) went away. Can you put your box on another line?

#3 OFFLINE   brewman63

brewman63

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:03 AM

I had a similar problem last week after finishing some install work on my new setup. I installed a new ground block to replace an old one and started getting the error. The signal strength showed good on one tuner and lower to none on the other. Some Sats were better than others? I narrowed it down to one of the inputs and finally replaced the ground block again. Now it works great. I guess the block was bad or I damaged it somehow? I read somewhere that the DVRs alternate between tuners for each channel unless one is recording. Make sure both tuners have a good signal.

spam firewall