Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lip Sync = biggest frustration EVER!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   ShiningBengal

ShiningBengal

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:08 AM

Accepted, even forum police make mistakes. :P

Maybe it was emotional and overblown like claiming you're about to run to the competition when you know darn well you're not. Starting to get it yet?

I think I understand your comma-spliced remark impugning my motives. Translation: "I am incapable of a civil response."

Actually, I am starting to "get" you just as others have, apparently for some time now. I will do both of us a favor and put you on my very short ignore list.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

But again, what puzzles me, why is it much more common(bad at times) than it was in the past?

Because so much new has been happening lately. All these new HD satellite channels and the D10 coming on line - these have all happened in the last 90 days.

You want an example outside of sync issues? Look at all the problems we were having getting ESPN HD 60-90 days ago. It was experiencing pixelization and audio drop outs almost daily. What was up with that? ESPN HD has been broadcasting since 2003. Why all the problems now, especially since they are still MPEG-2. Cable and Dish Network subscribers weren't complaining about ESPN HD, only DirecTV subscribers. It had to be internal with D* and my bet is they were moving things around, getting ready for the launch of the new stations. Something screwed up and we had problems. The engineers at DirecTV identified the problem and fixed it. You don't find posts about how people's ESPN HD is bad anymore.

I will make a prediction here. In another 90 days, we won't see new threads like this one pop up every few days. Sync problems will go back to being rare or at least isolated. The easy fixes will have been made and those will take care of the majority of problems.

You've got to give people time to fix this. I wouldn't be surprised if it also took additional hardware in some of the uplink locations. If so, it needs to be purchased and installed.

My guess is behind closed doors, people at DirecTV are as surprised as you are over the magnitude of the sync problems they have encountered bringing D10 on line.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#53 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,338 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

Just my two cents on this one.... Later in the broadcast, the broadcaster(?) switched over to SD and the problem went away. Wheel of Fortune was broadcast in HD without issue. Not saying the problem is not hardware or Directv's problem, but just supporting the person that said the sometimes the problem is on the broadcast end.

It's on the broadcast end the majority (but not all) of the time.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...