Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sharing between HR2X DVRs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChopOMatic

ChopOMatic

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:25 AM

Hi folks,

I'm new and apologize in advance if this question has been beat to death, but here goes...

I have an HR21 and have networking set up via hardline. The HR21 sees Vista machines on the network and I'm sure I can get it to see the XP machines as well by following the guides posted on here.

My question is this: Is there a way at present--or in the foreseeable future--to share recorded material between HR2X DVRs that are on the same network? Sure would be cool if the bedroom DVR could access (hi-def) material recorded on the DVR in the living room.

Thanks for all insight...

Chop

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:39 AM

Welcome to DBSTalk

At some point MRV (multi room viewing) will be added and you will be able to stream programs from one HD DVR to another over your home network. But when it will be added we don't know.

You can do a search for MRV to read all the post on here about it. But the thing you have to remember is anything you read right now about it is 100% speculation. The only thing we know for sure is it is going to happen but other than that DirecTV has not said anything about how it will work and be setup.

#3 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:29 AM

Ah, to have MRV. It's one of the big ones a bunch of us can't wait for.
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#4 OFFLINE   ChopOMatic

ChopOMatic

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:26 PM

Thx, Mike. Much appreciated.

Chop

Welcome to DBSTalk

At some point MRV (multi room viewing) will be added and you will be able to stream programs from one HD DVR to another over your home network. But when it will be added we don't know.

You can do a search for MRV to read all the post on here about it. But the thing you have to remember is anything you read right now about it is 100% speculation. The only thing we know for sure is it is going to happen but other than that DirecTV has not said anything about how it will work and be setup.

#5 OFFLINE   BillyBob_jcv

BillyBob_jcv

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

I want my MRV!!!

If DirecTV would give the public access to the OS, I'll bet we would have MRV within a month or two.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...