Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DARN YOU D*!!!! youre killing dolphins fans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   medic4jc7

medic4jc7

• Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

Since going to the games since I was 11 years old. Forty plus years later. Still a season ticket holder. Raising prices each year for a crap team is hard to swallow. I set the DVR to record the game. It was in HD on CBS.

Since owner Wayne Hipinga dumped Marino and Shula. We havent been the same since. Cam Cameron should be fired!

They should get Bill Cower out of retirement!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

I would like to see the Dolphins go for their sixteen loss on Hd , if they get that far, as one of the national games the last week of the season.

#83 OFFLINE   gcisko

gcisko

I am Iron Man!

• Registered
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic but you do realize they are winless don't you? Does it surprise you that with limited HD capacity for NFL games, the networks and/or DirecTv would choose to have the winless (and pretty much hapless) Dolphins in SD?

And if they go 0-16, I am going yo get some champaign and celebrate just like the undedeated guys from the 70's always do when the last undefeated team gets beaten.

#84 OFFLINE   gcisko

gcisko

I am Iron Man!

• Registered
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

Since going to the games since I was 11 years old. Forty plus years later. Still a season ticket holder. Raising prices each year for a crap team is hard to swallow. I set the DVR to record the game. It was in HD on CBS.

Since owner Wayne Hipinga dumped Marino and Shula. We havent been the same since. Cam Cameron should be fired!

OK you have a solution for replacing Shula. Great. Now what about replacing Marino??? Good luck with that :D

#85 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

I had the same issue earlier this year with the Browns. Actually I think the first 4 or 5 games had a scrolling disclaimer at the bottom that it was CBS's decision not to air the game in HD not the local station. I presume they did that in order to not get bombarded with phone complaints. Now for the last 4 or 5 weeks they have been in HD.

After the Brownies performance yesterday, we may be in danger of being sent back to SD...what a downer.
Go Hoos!

#86 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

And if they go 0-16, I am going yo get some champaign and celebrate just like the undedeated guys from the 70's always do when the last undefeated team gets beaten.

I bet the 1976 Buccaneers also will be popping corks to celebrate if the Dolphins go 0-16.
Go Hoos!

#87 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

I was able to watch the Dolphins game in HD on DirecTV.

I have CBS from NY in HD through DNS. Now, if the game was available on Channel 80 why couldn't D* just create a Virtual channel int he ST-SF package and mirror this feed?

If I was able to watch it in HD on DirecTV shouldn't all ST-SF subscribers have had this option?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not airing the Jets/Miami game in HD couldn't be a bandwidth issue because DirecTV did, in fact, air the Jets/Miami game in HD. They just didn't do so on one of the Sunday Ticket channels.

#88 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

As a Charger fan (season ticket holder too), I'd support Cam getting fired. Then we can pull him back to SD and finally get our offense on track. :)

Although, my boys looked pretty good yesterday. :grin:
HR20-700 Connected to 55" Samsung UN55D8000YF via HDMI
HR20-700 Connected to 24" Samsung P2570HD
R22-200 Connected to 32" Sony
D* Customer since 2000

#89 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:53 AM

Now, if the game was available on Channel 80 why couldn't D* just create a Virtual channel int he ST-SF package and mirror this feed?

DirecTV can't just broadcast WCBS to the entire country. It doesn't work like that. The feeds they use for NFLST are not pulled from affiliates, they're directly from the networks.

#90 OFFLINE   Crypter

Crypter

Godfather

• Registered
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

DirecTV can't just broadcast WCBS to the entire country. It doesn't work like that. The feeds they use for NFLST are not pulled from affiliates, they're directly from the networks.

Well couldn't they just mirror the channel while the game was on then cut away to a SPLASH screen during commercials? That way all they use is the ACTUAL game feed?

#91 OFFLINE   Simpleton24

Simpleton24

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

Is the dolphins really worth watching anyway in SD or HD, although they almost beat my stillers last week. I think they are just a few players away from having a good team. :)

I think they are one good head coach away from having a good team.

All of the above, and owner and GM and....
HR20-700: 0x036F
HR22-100: 0x036F
H20-600: 0x4138
H21-100: 0x42EB
My Setup

#92 OFFLINE   Simpleton24

Simpleton24

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:45 AM

Here's a THOUGHT....bare with me.............

The Miami Dolphins go without a win this year!!

While the New England Patriots go undefeated!!

Thus Breaking the record of the undefeated Dolphins in the 70's!!!

That would be Karma to the MAX..if it were to turn out this way!!!!

At least when they play New England in a few weeks it will be in HD. Then we can watch Shula's face :( in full Hi-Def clarity.:D
HR20-700: 0x036F
HR22-100: 0x036F
H20-600: 0x4138
H21-100: 0x42EB
My Setup

#93 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

Well couldn't they just mirror the channel while the game was on then cut away to a SPLASH screen during commercials?

Nope, they are just not allowed to use the feed at all.

spam firewall