Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Need cables rerouted. Will D* charge me?
Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:46 AM
1) What kind of a deal do you think I could swing for an HR20. I want to leave the one I already have where it is (this will become my kids playroom).
2) Assuming they will not send out a new HR20 and I have to use my old HD Tivo, will they charge me to run cable from my multiswitch to the new room? I have the protection plan, not sure if that helps me in this situation.
Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:40 AM
2. I believe this is covered under the protection plan, but the only way to find out is to call. I would recommend finding the "ordering Tips" thread here, there's a good template for an email that some have used with success -- "I'm looking to swap my HR10-250 for an HR20 in order to receive all new HD channels" or something like that.
Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:45 AM
Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:11 PM
Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:22 PM
Hitachi 65F59A. Optical audio for HT.
H20 connected via component to:
Panasonic PVR DMR-ES10
5.1 surround. Front channel = Linaeum dipole ribbon tweeters
Technics SL-MC3 60 disk CD
Harmony 880 Remote (2)
Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:30 PM
Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:27 PM
I was able to get a "relocate" for free by just asking teh CSR if they could give me a break since we've been customers for almost 13 years.
Sr Network Engineer
Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:42 PM
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here
Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:45 PM
The equipment upgrade is no big deal. The wire itself is no big deal. But if you call DTV they will route it through their HSP folks. The tech you have drilling into your house will PROBABLY not have the skill or tools to do the work. Ask him how long has he been with DTV.
I would go with the "adding a box" order plan. You can switch their location yourself.
Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:18 PM
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.
Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:31 AM
I'd love to see the giggle the Mover's Connection Department CSRs would have over that. "I just got a call from a guy to set up a Mover's Connection to his den!"
It is possible that you could get them to set up a movers connect for you and use it to do an upgrade/move.
I believe it's been mentioned, but if you add the HR20 to your "arsenal" you can have the HR10-250 'relocated' to the new room. If you don't get the new HR20 but want the HR10-250 moved to another room, that will cost you - it's not something that is covered under the Protection Plan.
Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:08 AM
Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:03 AM
I've seen movers connects set up just to upgrade standard receivers. It wouldn't be the first time someone has "moved" inside their own house.
This is "specification creep."
It may not even be a big deal, like drilling the back of a wall box to run wire out the other side of the wall.
Note that the FREE Basic Installation "one" receiver became "each receiver" and then a "second line" was added for DVRs. Connecting existing landlines became "run lines as required" to connect the phones. And "attaching to the structure" became a free steel pole in concrete
"for LOS reasons".
None of the above was requested with a compensation listed or even a request to bid the additional work.
Free rewire to another room; probably not!