Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VOD hardware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ferretguydave

Ferretguydave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

I have two HR20-100 and would like to use the VOD feature. I have a wireless router (D-Link DI-624) that is connected to my computer and the interenet. What would be the best wireless adapter for my D*TV receivers to work with that? Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kchillh

kchillh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

To save money i would try to hardwire at least one, the other can use a series of hookups. Most will say use a wireless game router or a powerline. If your close to Patterson then there is a store called Micro C****** that could help you out for cheap.

#3 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

I have two HR20-100 and would like to use the VOD feature. I have a wireless router (D-Link DI-624) that is connected to my computer and the interenet. What would be the best wireless adapter for my D*TV receivers to work with that? Thanks in advance.

There are several options for you to use a wireless connection. Assuming your HR20's are in the same area then get a multiport type bridge device if not then use a single port bridge device at each location. Click on the network hlep link in my signature to see different types of hardware devices known to work.

Good luck and have fun.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#4 OFFLINE   Ferretguydave

Ferretguydave

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the help. The two units are in different areas of the house and it would be difficult to hard wire either at this point. I'll take a look at some of the wireless models and then try it out on one unit first to make sure I can get it working. I'll check out that link.

#5 OFFLINE   Clemsole

Clemsole

Godfather

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:53 AM

I am using the Linksys Wireless Game Adapter WGA54G with no problems.

spam firewall