Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Center Ice: Small Request

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   peridoc

peridoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

I love the work that D* has been doing with the NHL Center Ice Package. I would like to see them print in the receiver guide for feeds (especially dual feeds) which feed is showing on that channel (i.e. Home Feed or Away Feed, or Team Name of the feed showing). That would be nice when you are setting up a recording and have the option so that you get the one you want.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   STEVED21

STEVED21

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

It's now on thw web site

#3 OFFLINE   peridoc

peridoc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

Yes...but if you are on a slingbox or sitting at your TV this does not help you. It would be nice if they included this in the receiver guide data that is on-screen.

#4 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

It would be nice if they included this in the receiver guide data that is on-screen.

Yes, it would.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#5 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

I love the work that D* has been doing with the NHL Center Ice Package. I would like to see them print in the receiver guide for feeds (especially dual feeds) which feed is showing on that channel (i.e. Home Feed or Away Feed, or Team Name of the feed showing). That would be nice when you are setting up a recording and have the option so that you get the one you want.

Agreed, good idea.
Dave

#6 OFFLINE   scottlacy

scottlacy

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

It's now on thw web site

I've looked for this exact info on the site but couldn't find it. Could you provide a link to the page you found?

Thanks,
Scott

#7 OFFLINE   STEVED21

STEVED21

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

I've looked for this exact info on the site but couldn't find it. Could you provide a link to the page you found?

Thanks,
Scott

http://www.directv.c...assetId=1800012

go to Dec 6

#8 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

I agree that it would be a help. To this point they have been pretty consistently showing the home feed on the first (lower numbered) channel, and the away feed on the second.

SMK

#9 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:08 PM

I posted this in the other thread:

NHL CENTER ICE HD (NESNHD)

Or

NHL CENTER ICE HD (Boston Feed)
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#10 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

I agree having this available in the Guide would be helpful. Since the games are 2 1/2 hours long, there is enough room for the text in the guide after the team names.

For example,

764 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils (NYR) <--- MSG feed
764-1- NY Rangers @ NJ Devils (NYR) <---yes, hopefully an MSG HD feed!
765 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils (NJD) <---- FSN NY feed

Pretty simple!
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#11 OFFLINE   peridoc

peridoc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

For example,

764 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils (NYR) <--- MSG feed
764-1- NY Rangers @ NJ Devils (NYR) <---yes, hopefully an MSG HD feed!
765 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils (NJD) <---- FSN NY feed

Pretty simple!

Exactly! That would be all it would take!

tonyd79 - I saw your post in the other thread...thanks and good idea! I thought this might be a good topic to have it's own thread to get exposure and I think that it is that important.

#12 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:32 PM

I agree that it would be a help. To this point they have been pretty consistently showing the home feed on the first (lower numbered) channel, and the away feed on the second.

SMK

LOL except last night.

For some reason the Sabres/Canes game was listed on the website on 766 but then 765 lit up as well (nothing on the site about 765 last night) so using the common logic I recorded 765 expecting the Sabres' feed. I got the 'Canes feed.

#13 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

SMK

and if you go to the D* FAQ page for center ice, they say it is the home feed on the lower channel and away on the higher.

And BTW for the hypothetical, about the Rangers Devils game, by next Sunday they will have moved the CI Channels. so don't say you have not been warned.

spam firewall