Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Where's the Oilers/Ducks game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   philmalik

philmalik

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

Supposed to start at 6:00 tonight DirecTV is playing a lovely Christmas carol instead.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

Great question. :(
Dave

#3 OFFLINE   Oilfan

Oilfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

5:27 PT, more than 12 minutes into the game (and counting ...) and nothing on channel 766 Ducks vs Oilers.

I mean, jeez, can someone competent please get hired?

BTW, 1-0 Oilers :)

#4 OFFLINE   philmalik

philmalik

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

I would have thought this game would be also in the 600's as well somewhere.
Still not on.

5:27 PT, more than 12 minutes into the game (and counting ...) and nothing on channel 766 Ducks vs Oilers.

#5 OFFLINE   SinBin

SinBin

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Channel 767 actually, but same deal here -- no damn game. Getting pissed.

#6 OFFLINE   Oilfan

Oilfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

Thanks (767).

KDOC (Ducks) and SportsNet West (Oilers) are both broadcasting the game and have been used in NHLCI on DTV before.

End of 1st, 2-0 Oil. Penner scored a PP goal. Currently 5:41 PT (game time 5 PT).

Seriously, this is pissing me off.

I can hear DTV sayng "We didn't get any/many calls" to justify why it wasn't noticed. Like your quality control is that sad and bad that you need customers to be the beta testers and find problems before the paid staff finds them?

#7 OFFLINE   BullDurham

BullDurham

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

Just came on

#8 OFFLINE   philmalik

philmalik

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

It's on now. I guess DirecTV decided the first period wasn't worth watching.
Go oilers!!

Thanks (767).

KDOC (Ducks) and SportsNet West (Oilers) are both broadcasting the game and have been used in NHLCI on DTV before.

End of 1st, 2-0 Oil. Penner scored a PP goal. Currently 5:41 PT (game time 5 PT).

Seriously, this is pissing me off.

I can hear DTV sayng "We didn't get any/many calls" to justify why it wasn't noticed. Like your quality control is that sad and bad that you need customers to be the beta testers and find problems before the paid staff finds them?

#9 OFFLINE   rkunces

rkunces

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

Whoever Directv's sports programming director that is working on the weekends deserves to be fired or given a swift kick in the *****. Honestly Directv has been making these mistakes for a better part of a decade.

#10 OFFLINE   Oilfan

Oilfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:45 PM

Just came on

5:42 PT.

42 minutes, so not acceptable.

Using the SNET W (OILERS) feed.

#11 OFFLINE   BullDurham

BullDurham

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:52 PM

5:42 PT.

42 minutes, so not acceptable.

Using the SNET W (OILERS) feed.

I completely agree

#12 OFFLINE   superman24

superman24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

Whoever Directv's sports programming director that is working on the weekends deserves to be fired or given a swift kick in the *****. Honestly Directv has been making these mistakes for a better part of a decade.

I agree! This is like a grocery store not having cashiers for checkout! How simple is it to let the game be aired? They could atleast put up the screen "Having Technical Difficulties"...

#13 OFFLINE   rkunces

rkunces

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

The sad thing is about this it isn't the first time on NHL CI or any other package for that matter. These things happen way too often for the amount of dollars we spend on their programming. And fans don't get comp. for it.

#14 OFFLINE   bbq-allstar

bbq-allstar

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:54 PM

I wonder if SatelliteRacer will finally chime in since he is a big Ducks fan... if he was trying to watch the game then he knows our frustration. I'm calling to get comp'd on something... missing the entire 1st period is unacceptable. Why in this day and age do we still have 300lb idiots eating 3 cheeseburgers forgetting to turn on a feed at D*?? Can't this sh*t be automatic now... i.e. computer software... its not rocket science!!? :mad:

PS OK...maybe the D* guy in charge of turning the game on isn't 300lbs... but still 3 cheeseburgers???!! PAY ATTENTION!!!

#15 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:43 AM

I wonder if the game was finally turned on because SatRacer was trying to watch. He would know how to get through to someone to get them to turn the game on.

SMK

spam firewall