Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Rec. Series..." Doesn't appear to work, sometimes...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jaybee2

jaybee2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

I have a show that I'd like to record that airs two different episodes back to back everyday. I played with the idea of padding the end time by +30 minutes. This mostly seemed to work, however, I'm trying to set it up so it'll record the series. I've got my default set up to include "both" and even though it says that "All episodes are set to record", I don't see any other instances of this show on the To Do list. Especially weird is the fact that when I scroll forward in time in the guide and find the show, there isn't any thing indicating that it's going to record.

Any ideas?
HR20-700, Sony KDL-46XBR4, Onkyo TX-NR901 A/V Receiver, Aperion Intimus 632 LR, Aperion Intimus 422 Surrounds, Aperion Intimus 533 VAC Center Channel, Aperion Intimus S10 Subwoofer, Velodyne SMS-1, Sony PlayStation 3

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DanER40

DanER40

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

It takes time for them to show up in the TDL or even the guide with the record symbol. One of the things I miss about Tivo is the ability to find a series if the time or channel changes.

#3 OFFLINE   macmikey

macmikey

Homer Worshipper

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:59 AM

I don't think it works that well. set up my HR20-100 to record Kitchen Nightmares and it never showed up or recorded anything. But when i went to Guide, it showed the series R indicator. I also told my box to record the planet e arth series on Science HD and it did, 2 shows. Hasn't recorded anything since.

Not sure if it is me or the box, but I am getting mixed results.

Mike
  • HR20-100 --> Sony 32" HDTV (CRT)
  • R15-300 --> Sony 27" SDTV (CRT)
  • HR21-700 --> LG 46" LCD
  • D12-300 --> Spare
  • D10-300 Spare
  • MacBook Pro w/EyeConnect (Media Share)

Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him? - Thanks to Tom Clancy

#4 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:03 AM

When you first setup a Series Link it will take up to 24 hours for the ToDo list to populate with upcoming recordings. Other then guide data problems I have never had a problem with a series link in over a year using an HR20.

#5 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

One of the things I miss about Tivo is the ability to find a series if the time or channel changes.

Not sure I understand this statement. HR20 records series just fine if they change times or days. Just like a Tivo.

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,225 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:28 AM

Other then guide data problems I have never had a problem with a series link in over a year using an HR20.

I guess you never tried to record Blue's Clue or Curious George. :)

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

spam firewall