Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I love HBO, but.....

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:08 PM

The sad thing about Deadwood (after Sopranos the best show they ever had IMO), was that was actually not HBO's fault - that was David Milch's fault (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues). He dumped it in favor of what appears to be yet another cancelled show - John From Cincinnati.

Carnivale and Rome are just a shame to have been cancelled. I agree with you 100% there.

At least there's still Big Love, which i really enjoy as well, as does the wife.

I couldn't agree more. Except I'm not into Big Love.

Let me say, Deadwood was one of the best shows ever, the Al Swearengen character was absolutely great. Loved Rome and Carnival. Larry David is brilliant CYE is funniest show on TV.

I'm sick over the fact that Deadwood and Rome are gone......it kind of makes me not want to get interested in anymore HBO series.
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,473 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

I couldn't agree more. Except I'm not into Big Love.

Let me say, Deadwood was one of the best shows ever, the Al Swearengen character was absolutely great. Loved Rome and Carnival. Larry David is brilliant CYE is funniest show on TV.

I'm sick over the fact that Deadwood and Rome are gone......it kind of makes me not want to get interested in anymore HBO series.

Ah, but there will be more. Patience.

#23 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

Bill Maher in HD :barf:

His show will probably be the last to go HD. He'll find excuses and how high def hurts the environment and is responsible for the killing of animals.

Strangely enough Bill Maher's show is shot on stage at the CBS studio, either in NY or LA, I forgot which. They certainly have the equipment on hand.

#24 OFFLINE   mattopia

mattopia

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:03 AM

I cancelled the day after the Entourage season ended. I'll probably pick it back up when Big Love starts again. The Wire coming back might also be a compelling reason to order it up again.

It's been nice saving $13/mo for the past few months though!

#25 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:29 AM

Wow! I thought nobody would agree with me.

Rich

I do agree that the Producers arc may have been the peak for the show. Every season they go out in a way so that, if they don't come back that's ok.

I think this season was a little stale, and while I fully expected Cheryl to leave (as Laurie David did), I always enjoy it, and I hope Mr. David keeps doing it as long as it is fun for him.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#26 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,646 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

Bill Maher in HD :barf:

His show will probably be the last to go HD. He'll find excuses and how high def hurts the environment and is responsible for the killing of animals.

Bill in HD
Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:43 AM

I didn't like Seinfeld at first. Thought it was annoying. Missed most of the first season, but then something happened and I began watching it and it became an obsession.

Wow...I was the same way with Seinfeld. I thought it was the dumbest show on tv "about nothing." Then around the last 2 seasons, I too, became obsessed. In college, I got my roommate hooked, we Tivo'd every repeat and watched them countless times...during studying, ps2, hangin out, whenever. To this day, we constantly quote & reference Seinfeld.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...