Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heroes "Powerless" OAD:12-3-2007

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bdowell

bdowell

Icon

• Registered
  • 665 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:07 PM

Decent ending for the season.

I knew Nathan was toast though, well before it happened. Stupid commercials and promos on NBC tipped that 2 Heroes wouldn't survive. How nice of them to give that info away :mad:

Nikki being gone was no fun either, but then again what else what they do with her character!?!

Sylar back as a villian. Ugh. Enough with that maniac already.

Big props to Hiro for the buried alive thing with Adam. I figured he might take Adam about 2000 years into the future, but I guess not. (Either there, or back to Dinosaur days to leave him trapped back there....)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

I knew Nathan was toast though, well before it happened. Stupid commercials and promos on NBC tipped that 2 Heroes wouldn't survive. How nice of them to give that info away :mad:

Nikki being gone was no fun either, but then again what else what they do with her character!?!

Big props to Hiro for the buried alive thing with Adam. I figured he might take Adam about 2000 years into the future, but I guess not. (Either there, or back to Dinosaur days to leave him trapped back there....)

I like what Hiro did to Adam. You can live forever trapped in a coffin.
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#3 OFFLINE   STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 615 posts
  • Location40241

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

Here in Louisville it was broadcast in SD with a craw saying that due to weather in NY there would be no HD tonight. Any other area of the country affected in this way?
HR24-500 AM-21
HR24-200 AM-21
Direct TV Slimline-5S (SWM) DECA
Direct TV since 6/23/96.

#4 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

Here in Louisville it was broadcast in SD with a craw saying that due to weather in NY there would be no HD tonight. Any other area of the country affected in this way?

Nope, It was on in HD in my Market.
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#5 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Ah, but with enough time, he can dig his way out. Would have been better to take him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in time and let a T-Rex eat him, or way in the future.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#6 OFFLINE   bdowell

bdowell

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 665 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

Actually I hadn't thought about it before but that might have been a nod to the series finale for Alias. I don't want to spoil that series, but if you've seen it you might be able to link the two together, and with 'Adam' having been in Alias, well.... :D

#7 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

I didn't know who would die, so it was a nice surprise to see Nikki go, but I was a little sad about Nathan.

This wasn't explaained but I assume that even though Nathan won the election, he "lost his seat" (as he said) because of his injuries and he was recuperating (prior to Adam healing him)?

#8 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

Ah, but with enough time, he can dig his way out. Would have been better to take him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in time and let a T-Rex eat him, or way in the future.

Yup, but very painfully! Adam can dig and claw his way out, but he'd have to keep stopping to regenerate his fingernails!

#9 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

So what did Hiro do with the body that was originally in the coffin? Didn't look like Adam was reposing on top of somebody. (Ick. Eternity with a rotting corpse.)

It sure looked like Hiro's father's funeral, but would Hiro put Adam in the same coffin as his father? Hmmm ...

#10 ONLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

Here in NY it was broadcast in HD, so that seems like an odd excuse to me.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#11 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:09 PM

Yup, but very painfully! Adam can dig and claw his way out, but he'd have to keep stopping to regenerate his fingernails!

Wonder how the starvation angle would affect him too?
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#12 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Wonder how the starvation angle would affect him too?

I thought about that, the power to regenerate does not make you immortal. They have already said that you can kill a healer with a shot to the head, in the coffin suffocation should take him fairly quickly.
My Setup

#13 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:50 AM

It seemed to me that they were saying that Adam would be rotting in the coffin for eternity.

It also seemed to me that the final episode was a bit of a cleaning house. Of course, at the end of the the day the good guys have got to win .. you need a good villain and Sylar is it. Hopefully they'll finally kill him off on the next round, but who the heck knows when that is with the writers still on strike.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#14 OFFLINE   Bertrude

Bertrude

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

Not really. You'd run out of oxygen pretty quick. They've never really explored what would happen if Adam or Claire were deprived of oxygen. Their wounds heal, sure, but that's not quite the same thing.

I was sort of hoping Hiro would drop Adam off millions of years in the past, too.

I didn't mind seeing Nikki go. Her story has always bored me. I was disappointed that they got rid of Nathan, though. It makes sense to the story, though, and it certainly made me hate Mama Petrelli that much more.

Cool ending with Sylar.

#15 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:25 AM

I didn't mind seeing Nikki go. Her story has always bored me. I was disappointed that they got rid of Nathan, though. It makes sense to the story, though, and it certainly made me hate Mama Petrelli that much more.

That reminds me ...

Who was the assassin? Anyone we know?

Who was Mama P. talking to on the phone? Anyone we know? I'm guessing it was Bob, based on the secret (!) red-lit camera from the wall vent and the previous scenes where we saw a similar red-lit camera in Suresh's lab that traced back to Bob's office.

#16 OFFLINE   petergaryr

petergaryr

Passed away April 24, 2010

• Registered
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:52 AM

Actually I hadn't thought about it before but that might have been a nod to the series finale for Alias. I don't want to spoil that series, but if you've seen it you might be able to link the two together, and with 'Adam' having been in Alias, well.... :D

I had exactly the same thought seeing that scene!

#17 OFFLINE   2Guysfootball

2Guysfootball

Godfather

• Registered
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:27 AM

Maybe it is just me but this whole chapter seemed kinda disjointed.
The ending was pretty good saved this part of the season for me.
I wonder what effect the strike will have on Chapter 3?

I love Sylar as the villain it makes the show a bit more interesting to have a main single villain. Kind of like Magneto in X-men not a every week thing just pops up here and there.
I am Batman!!!!

HR22-100 w/am21 OTA-42" plasma Samsung Yamaha HTR-5920
H20-100 - Magnavox 37 LCD

#18 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

Darn shame Peter couldn't have met Linderman for a few minutes...

But if there is one thing we have learned from Heroes this season...
It is very possible Nathan may not be dead for too long... or he may be gone for good... we will see next chapter.

Nikki.... Unless you have a spacle and like to do a jigsaw puzzle... I am sure she is gone.

But what in the world are they going to do with Maya?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#19 OFFLINE   eibook

eibook

Legend

• Registered
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

Darn shame Peter couldn't have met Linderman for a few minutes...

But if there is one thing we have learned from Heroes this season...
It is very possible Nathan may not be dead for too long... or he may be gone for good... we will see next chapter.

Nikki.... Unless you have a spacle and like to do a jigsaw puzzle... I am sure she is gone.

But what in the world are they going to do with Maya?

Maya will probably go after Sylar for killing her brother

#20 OFFLINE   LarryW

LarryW

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:44 AM

Maya has already evolved by being able to turn off her powers. Maybe she will further evolve by being able to focus her power on one person or in one direction and not kill everybody around her.

Who knows? ? ?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...