Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Customer, first 3 months free of HBO, STARZ!, SHOWTIME, & CINEMAX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sharksfan

sharksfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

When I signed up for Directv over the phone, the sales rep said that I would be receiving HBO, STARZ!, SHOWTIME, & CINEMAX free for the first 3 months. How long does it normally take for this credit to show up? My install date was 12/1. On 12/2 I was billed $42 for these channels.

The first CS rep that I spoke to said that the $42 charge was correct... it's the equivalent HD channels that I get for free for the first 3 months. :eek2: Had the sales person told me this, I would have declined the package all together. :nono: I gave him my story and asked him to either get me a supervisor, or get me the cancelation department. He put me on hold for a couple of minutes, then came back and said a rebate form was required for this credit... he offered to transfer me to someone who could better assist me with it. He transferred me to another rep who stated that the last rep I spoke to was incorrect, and that the credit usually appears a couple of days after account activation.

I'd like to think the last rep had it right. What can I expect with these types of promotions reguarding credits? I am a complete newb in the Sat TV arena.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

The last representative was correct. While the credit normally appears immediately, it can take a couple of days to do so.

Register online to check you recent history, or call in a couple of days to find out. It should apply.

And welcome to the forums, sharksfan!!
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

#3 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

All I know is that whenever I've taken advantage of offers where you get HBO or another premium service free for x-months or credits to try a higher service package, the credits have appeared pretty much at the same time the service was added/billed.

If the credits don't appear by Friday, I'd call and ask to have this escalated.

#4 OFFLINE   sharksfan

sharksfan

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the quick responses! I needed a little input to put my mind at ease on this issue.

I've been a little on edge about moving to D*. This is mainly because my installer took 5 hours to complete a 1 room HDDVR install (with no LOS issues)...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...