Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pittsburgh VS New England on CBS Sun. Dec.9 4:00pm est

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bnglbill

bnglbill

Icon

• Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

Someone has to beat New England, I am not a Steelers fan at all so I hate to say this but Go Pittsburgh! Can they do it?
Bill
----------------------
My Setup
-----------------------

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sean10780

sean10780

Godfather

• Registered
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:42 AM

Let's hope they can. I'm a big Steelers fan and we haven't been playing to well lately. I think if we can get Fast Willie parker running the ball and keep the pats and Tom Brady off the field, then we have a chance, but if those two things don't happen. Then prolly not.

Our defense has been playing really well as of late, so let's hope they at least keep us in the game till our staggering offense takes over.

#3 OFFLINE   j2fast

j2fast

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:51 AM

I've grown up as a Steeler fan but I'd actually like to see New England run the table. Not like the last two though, I want to see them dropping bombs on people like they did earlier in the season... [Puts on flame proof suit, ducks for cover ] :D

#4 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,239 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Let's hope they can. I'm a big Steelers fan and we haven't been playing to well lately. I think if we can get Fast Willie parker running the ball and keep the pats and Tom Brady off the field, then we have a chance, but if those two things don't happen. Then prolly not.

Our defense has been playing really well as of late, so let's hope they at least keep us in the game till our staggering offense takes over.

Lifelong Steelers fan here, and I'm STILL trying to figure out how we could lose to the Jets! And the Broncos. Hell, my Bears frickin' beat Denver this year!

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#5 OFFLINE   sean10780

sean10780

Godfather

• Registered
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:59 AM

I agree. Don't forget to add in Arizona this year. We should be the ones also going 12-0 so far this year with the stupid loses we have this year.

#6 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:05 AM

Hey now, I understand that the drama is gone with the Pats being so successful. Still, I like the idea of rooting for a team that wins occasionally. Having lived in Queens NY (home of the Mets), Chicago (not during the Bears' heyday), and Boston I just got so used to getting pounded I'm enjoying the change in fortunes.

Of course now I live near the largest city on the planet to be without a pro football team.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   bnglbill

bnglbill

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hey now, I understand that the drama is gone with the Pats being so successful. Still, I like the idea of rooting for a team that wins occasionally. Having lived in Queens NY (home of the Mets), Chicago (not during the Bears' heyday), and Boston I just got so used to getting pounded I'm enjoying the change in fortunes.

Of course now I live near the largest city on the planet to be without a pro football team.

Hmm, a team that wins occasionally, whats that? I'm a ravens fan... They almost beat the Pats though, that was actually a good game, minus all of the penalties.
Bill
----------------------
My Setup
-----------------------

#8 OFFLINE   bgartz

bgartz

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:14 AM

Here we go Steelers, Here we go!

I was happy that the Ravens lost, so the Steelers can beat the Pats..

#9 OFFLINE   jgriffin7

jgriffin7

Native Texan

• DBSTalk Club
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

Being a Cowboys fan, it pains me to say this, but 'Go Steelers'! There, I said it. I'm pretty sure I've broken a couple of obscure laws now...

#10 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

I think Dick Lebeau's defense will slow down the Pats enough for the Steelers to make a game of it. My concern is whether the offensive line will open the holes for Willie Parker to run on them and pass protect well enough for Roethlisburger to throw the ball. Our offensive line has been the biggest question mark this season. They played pretty well against the Bengals this last week so if they show up again (as Coach Cowher used to say) "I like our chances."

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#11 OFFLINE   cdc101

cdc101

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

Being a Cowboys fan, it pains me to say this, but 'Go Steelers'! There, I said it. I'm pretty sure I've broken a couple of obscure laws now...

I'd like to see the Pat's go undeafeated this year...until the Cowboys beat them in the Superbowl that is. :D

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

I will say what I've been saying for a while now. The Patriots will go undefeated, and they deserve to. This weeks game against the Steelers is the last realistic chance for them to get beat. I hope it's a complete blowout. I want to laugh at those who are so vocal about 'running up the score'.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#13 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:04 PM

Someone has to beat New England, I am not a Steelers fan at all so I hate to say this but Go Pittsburgh! Can they do it?

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I will also be cheering for the Steelers this weekend.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#14 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

I will say what I've been saying for a while now. The Patriots will go undefeated, and they deserve to. This weeks game against the Steelers is the last realistic chance for them to get beat. I hope it's a complete blowout. I want to laugh at those who are so vocal about 'running up the score'.

We're not counting out anything this year - we thought the Baltimore game would be the Ravens getting creamed and look what almost happened!?! Consistency has not been any team's claim to fame this year!

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#15 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

Hope the Steelers put a whoppin on em. I want to see like 7 sacks and a few INT's. Then just a whole 4th quarter of smash mouth ball running.

#16 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

We're not counting out anything this year - we thought the Baltimore game would be the Ravens getting creamed and look what almost happened!?! Consistency has not been any team's claim to fame this year!

Except for the Dolphins, consistent at losing :lol:
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#17 OFFLINE   2Guysfootball

2Guysfootball

Godfather

• Registered
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:28 PM

While the Steelers match up well against the Pats. I don't see them beating them this time around.
Depending on if TP plays in the game. If he plays it will be close.
The best thing that came out of last weeks Ravens game is that the Ravens POP Warner offense beat the hell out of the Pats Defense. I know this makes no sense to people not Familiar with the "Patriot Way" but they seem to thrive on doubt and there is certainly doubt about this Defense. Plus it the second game without Colvin so some of those Kinks will be worked out.

What really concerns me as a Pats fan is that the Pats always seem to get a KEY person injured when they play the Steelers.
I am Batman!!!!

HR22-100 w/am21 OTA-42" plasma Samsung Yamaha HTR-5920
H20-100 - Magnavox 37 LCD

#18 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--Spoiler--

New England wins!:D

#19 OFFLINE   wilssm

wilssm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

Steelers Rule!

#20 ONLINE   BlueSnake

BlueSnake

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

I'm not going to beat around the bush. The Steelers will win this game.

There I've said it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...