Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TV Schedules Getting Impossible to Track

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

I really couldn't figure out where to put this, but tonight's scheduling turned into a difficult job because of networks shifting off the hour and half-hour (all times PST):

Law & Order: CI (new episode) 7pm USA:
TV Guide's online grid 60 minutes
ZAP2it's online grid 63 minutes (Tribune Media Services) and not showing this way last Saturday
Dish on screen guide 65 minutes (Supposedly Tribune Media Services) and not showing this way last Saturday

Gray's Anatomy 9pm ABC
TV Guide's online grid 62 minutes
ZAP2it's online grid 62 minutes (Tribune Media Services)
Dish on screen guide 60 minutes (Supposedly Tribune Media Services)

ER 10:01?? NBC
TV Guide's online grid 60 minutes starts at 10 pm even though before it Earl supposedly starts at 8pm runs 30min, 30 Rock runs 30 minutes, The Office runs 31 minutes, and Scrubs runs 31 minutes!
ZAP2it's online grid 59 minutes (Tribune Media Services) with before it Scrubs only running an extra minute
Dish on screen guide 60 minutes starts at 10 pm (Supposedly Tribune Media Services) with all the shows before it running 30 minutes

Life is hard enough for a geezer without this BS.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

I thought the new L&O: CI episodes are on at 10pm Thursdays on USA Network and repeated at 1am Friday. When did they change them to 7pm??
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

10pm TOTZTM is 7pm in CA.
Spoiler

Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#4 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

D'oh! I didn't look to see where he was located.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...